New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirqwe View Post
    Hello, TS. Isa dati sa pinagpipilian namin ay yung Geely Coolray kasi sobrang ganda ng itsura at ng tech niya. Hindi kami tumuloy sa Geely kasi (1) First car namin ito kaya ang gusto namin ay reliable. Kung ibebenta naman namin kasi ito, after 10 years pa. (2) Every year may pumupunta sa amin na kamag-anak kaya kailangan namin ng 7 seaters na sasakyan. (3) As much as possible, gusto namin limitahan yung pagbili ng Chinese products.
    1. the longevity of the china car is un-tested. buyer beware. you can win, and you can lose.

2. kumuha ng rent-a-van during the encounter. my relatives do. no worry. drive the car you want for the rest of the year. why suffer the rest of the year, for this once-a-year event? heh heh.

3. im-possible, even barbecue sticks are now imported from china. it will have to be a worldwide endeavor, to have significant effect.

but yes,
    i also want to tone down china's "influence" over the rest of the world.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 20th, 2020 at 02:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Preaching to the choir brother - I feel as strongly against China's rise to world dominance as you and many other people do.

I just feel that trying to hurt them economically by boycotting their products is about as effective as using metal straws to solve our plastic problem (hint: it doesn't, at least not in a significant way).

Pragmatically I always look at 80-for-20 because my effort is better used for more productive things. Boycotting Made in China items doesn't have that impact.

This is for the Indian context which has strong anti-China sentiment these days because of their border disputes, but applies to us as well:
    'Boycott Chinese Products'? Here Is Why It Will Not Be Easy

That said, I don't have much Chinese-branded stuff because I think they're not as well-made - i.e. I decide the brand of my things based on their tangible impact to me rather than an abstract sense of patriotism that ultimately has no impact to the country we want to reign in. My phone is Samsung, my cars are Japanese, my appliances are mostly Japanese (but double-clicking you'd find that many of them are still made in China).

My only Chinese-branded appliances are my Xiaomi vacuum cleaner (the other option is Anker which is also Chinese), my digital weighing scale, and my DJI Osmo Mobile (again no non-Chinese options).

What has a bigger impact? Trade policy. Government alignment. Even if all 100M Filipinos decide to buy non-Chinese products (very expensive and impossible for most) it cannot compensate for Government's lackadaisical stance on our territorial disputes, non-taxed POGO operations, and hard pivot towards China.

But again being pragmatic about it, there's nothing any of us can do to stop China's eventual rise as the ultimate world superpower. Not even the US has been able to stop it - only a world war can shift the balance of power now. It will be very costly on all fronts.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Agree with you on that bro. A boycott from a small market like ours may not have the power to change things to a significant degree when it comes to affecting their economy. But still I think it is important for our government to know where we stand. That we are talking about the issue is already a step forward. Hopefully this will enter and remain in the consciousness of all and influence our future leaders to shape foreign policy that suits us better. Policy will never change if the people just go do their business as usual.

I don't avoid buying China to my own detriment naman. I still purchase and even sell some Chinese made goods because I can't help it. I'm not really against China's rise but before they become number 1, their leadership should be better.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    TS,
    after over a hundred posts, comments, and opinions from well-wishers,
    have you finally decided?
    I am taking my time hehe. Currently looking at the 2020 mazdas (2, 3, cx3). What do you guys think of mazdas?

The price range of the vehicles that I am “canvassing” is getting unhealthier day after day. This may be a case of analysis paralysis as well.

I would’ve settled with so many other japanese cars (like the ertiga, vios and jazz) except I am easily turned off by the infotainment and connectivity system. Just slap apple carplay and some rear cameras in those cars and I’m sold. Can I do that (customize them that way)? How much would it cost?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rinnosuke View Post
    I am taking my time hehe. Currently looking at the 2020 mazdas (2, 3, cx3). What do you guys think of mazdas?

The price range of the vehicles that I am “canvassing” is getting unhealthier day after day. This may be a case of analysis paralysis as well.

I would’ve settled with so many other japanese cars (like the ertiga, vios and jazz) except I am easily turned off by the infotainment and connectivity system. Just slap apple carplay and some rear cameras in those cars and I’m sold. Can I do that (customize them that way)? How much would it cost?
    Wala naman ako narinig na masama sa Mazda. Kaunti nga lang sa daan. Hindi sure kung okay ang parts sa province.

Apple carplay, Android auto, reverse camera?

Okay itong Picanto 1.2 AT na starter car:

2020 Kia Picanto Review - Behind the Wheel - YouTube

Mas mahal kaunti sa Wigo TRD S.
    (TRD S din pala may reverse camera, apple carplay, at android auto. Mas maliit nga lang engine)

Okay din Kia Rio, kaso nasa 900k na. Kung may 900k ako malamang Ertiga GL AT na lang. Ok ss akin ang walang infotainment features. Maganda din matuto mag drive walang reverse cam, basta maganda ang rear view.

ALL NEW KIA RIO HATCH BACK 2020 PHILIPPINES - YouTube

Hindi ko din sure Kia parts sa province.

Kung ako, ayaw ko galawin ang electricals at ma divirginize ang interior panels. If possible, lahat ng hanap na features ay built in stock.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Lahat naman pwde sabihin na maganda/or pangit ang isang sasakyan, until you get inside one , drove it, and did a comparison with other vehicles. List down all options , then try to experience each one first hand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

wait for it, sir.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Masuwerte ang panahon ngayon.
    Madaming pagpipilian.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Of course. If your only concern is the head unit, it's a simple 30k upgrade to get an Android-Auto or Apple Carplay compatible head unit that you can add to almost any car among your choices.

I have a Mazda 3 myself. Mazdas drive nicely but are cramped. Favorite car ng mga tao sa internet pero konti benta in the real world.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Test drive. Baka ayaw mo na bitawan ;)

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009

my only experience in a mazda is sitting in a delareship option. quick impression cx3 is ok sya maganda at classy interior but take a ride in the back seat baka importante sa iyo. its a little snug. ok lang for me but it might be a deal breaker for you