New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Guys,

Need your suggestions once again

We are planning to purchase a mid-size SUV and here are our concerns/preferences:

1. Budget is around 1.3M to 1.4M
    2. Fuel Efficiency (preferred diesel engine)
    3. Riding comfort
    4. 7 seating capacity
    5. Folding 3rd row seats (for cargo, minsan kasi gagamitin namin to haul groceries for our canteen. mga bottled water and soft drinks ang mabibigat)

I'm looking into the Chevy Captiva, Montero Sport and Hyundai Sta. Fe(medyo out of budget)

Hopefully you could give me suggestions and feedbacks. And maybe you could also suggest banks that have lower interest rates.

Thanks so much!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post
    Guys,

Need your suggestions once again

We are planning to purchase a mid-size SUV and here are our concerns/preferences:

1. Budget is around 1.3M to 1.4M
    2. Fuel Efficiency (preferred diesel engine)
    3. Riding comfort
    4. 7 seating capacity
    5. Folding 3rd row seats (for cargo, minsan kasi gagamitin namin to haul groceries for our canteen. mga bottled water and soft drinks ang mabibigat)

I'm looking into the Chevy Captiva, Montero Sport and Hyundai Sta. Fe(medyo out of budget)

Hopefully you could give me suggestions and feedbacks. And maybe you could also suggest banks that have lower interest rates.

Thanks so much!!!!!
    1. Budget is around 1.3M to 1.4M - Pasok yung 3 pinili mo pero for this price baka hindi kasya ang pera mo for Sta.Fe diesel engine.. Gas engine malamang for that budget.

2. Fuel Efficiency (preferred diesel engine)- As i said Captiva and Montero lang ang pasok sa budget mo..

3. Riding comfort - Sta.Fe ka na kung riding comport for seven person medyo matagtag yung Montero compare sa sta.fe then yung captiva naman sobrang cramp nung 3rd row kawawa yung nasa 3rd row kahit bata mahihirapan dun.

4. 7 seating capacity
    5. Folding 3rd row seats
    - lahat ng pinili mo kaya to... better to check this 3 dealer.. para makita mo difference.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get the Sta. Fe,

Gives you the utmost comfort and has the speed when you need it.

Forget the Captiva. Maintenance is high and Chevy CASA sucks, BIGTIME.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi R e-VGT

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sayang hindi aabot ata budget mo sa Santa Fe CRDi... Kung gasoline man lang baka matakaw given the cars size... Mukang by defualt I would say Montero Sport or kung meron pang old stock ng Santa Fe (before the facelift) ayos yun! Not as powerful as the new R-engine of the facelfited (but still more powerful than the MS and Captiva) one pero IMO ok lang kasi talo ka sa engine pero panalo ka naman sa looks (the new one's grill is not to my liking) and sa luxury since may leather seats sya and door panels are also leather unlike the new one fabric seats and fabric door panels! Mas maganda din mags ng old Santa Fe IMO.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi R e-VGT
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Get the Sta. Fe,

Gives you the utmost comfort and has the speed when you need it.

Forget the Captiva. Maintenance is high and Chevy CASA sucks, BIGTIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    1. Budget is around 1.3M to 1.4M - Pasok yung 3 pinili mo pero for this price baka hindi kasya ang pera mo for Sta.Fe diesel engine.. Gas engine malamang for that budget.

2. Fuel Efficiency (preferred diesel engine)- As i said Captiva and Montero lang ang pasok sa budget mo..

3. Riding comfort - Sta.Fe ka na kung riding comport for seven person medyo matagtag yung Montero compare sa sta.fe then yung captiva naman sobrang cramp nung 3rd row kawawa yung nasa 3rd row kahit bata mahihirapan dun.

4. 7 seating capacity
    5. Folding 3rd row seats
    - lahat ng pinili mo kaya to... better to check this 3 dealer.. para makita mo difference.
    Guys thanks sa replies. We inspected the Sta. Fe CDRi and maganda talaga problem is out of budget
    It's around 1.55M

Maybe we should save more for the downpayment para mas bumaba ba ang monthy

Thanks again...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    tidus: wala na ata stock ng pre-facelift Santa Fe

and yes.. medyo horrible yung FC nung 2.4L Theta. Yung mga 2.4L Theta na Tucson nakaka 4km/L sa city drive

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    montero 2.5l 4x2

Buying Mid Size SUV