New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mga local na Kei vans yung Suzuki Super Carry 1000cc tsaka Daihatsu Hijet. Both locally sold during the 90's.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    meron mga microvans pero china brand lang like chery..

pag sinabing kei car 660cc and below ang engine displacement..

wagon r ang maganda compared sa multicab kaso bihira ang manual at kadalasan automatic which is not advisable kasi mga 90 models pa yan at maaring due for replacement na ang transmission.. kung multicab get the "every" van or we call locally as scrum rear engine vans.

i have one scrum rear engine 660cc EFI engine manual transmission. all power!! sa city driving mga 10-12km/l kung highway kaya 20km/l pero kung mixed mga 15km/l lang.. basta normal driving at acceleration tapos highway speed range 60kph to 80kph lang matipid. yung 2,500 pesos gas which is equivalent to 56.17 liters can go 700 km.. mga 12km/l yan.. madalas pang hatid lang sa mga sis ko very short trips yan..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Mga local na Kei vans yung Suzuki Super Carry 1000cc tsaka Daihatsu Hijet. Both locally sold during the 90's.
    Yeah may Daihatsu Hi-Jet van kami noon at ganyan ang engine nya..May 4X4 mini-pickup kami na Suzuki ngayon na galing Japan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    So guys if i'm planning to buy a keicar here, doesn't matter if converted or such, what do i need to do and what do i need to know?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    So guys if i'm planning to buy a keicar here, doesn't matter if converted or such, what do i need to do and what do i need to know?
    It matters if it's converted... but if you're okay with a converted unit:

1. First, ascertain the availability of parts. Some Daihatsu Keis might be able to use Charade or Suzuki parts, or they might not. A Suzuki Kei car has an excellent chance of being backwards compatible with Alto parts. Even larger than Kei cars might not have the local compatibility you might hope for... The Nissan Marches everyone is selling with the 1.3 liter engine has a completely different engine series from the Sentra. At least it's compatible with the Verita... but parts for that are scarce.

Good luck with Mitsubishi GDi engines!

2. Check the quality of the conversion. Did they reuse the original rack? Is the mounting tight? Did they do the cuts properly, or will the rack disconnect from the firewall at some inconvenient time... like when you're doing 80 on the highway? Check also that they got the dashboard right and that it doesn't look too bad.

3. The overall condition of the unit will be a key to whether it's a buyable unit, or whether you'll be waiting or scouring for months for new parts.

4. Papers, papers, papers, papers. If you're buying an imported unit, be aware of the political situation surrounding imported cars and the possibility of police harrassment... or worse... confiscation of the unit.

-

For local cars (Alto, Charade, some Fortes... if you can find any):

1. Condition is still important.

2. Check with the TMG and LTO to make sure the car is "clean".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

+ 1000000 on this!!! Simpleng spark plug, sobrang hirap hanapin ng OEM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    It matters if it's converted... but if you're okay with a converted unit:
    Thanks for the input. I'm ok with a converted unit since it'll be just for city driving. The farthest i think will be from makati to cavite.

1. First, ascertain the availability of parts. Some Daihatsu Keis might be able to use Charade or Suzuki parts, or they might not. A Suzuki Kei car has an excellent chance of being backwards compatible with Alto parts. Even larger than Kei cars might not have the local compatibility you might hope for... The Nissan Marches everyone is selling with the 1.3 liter engine has a completely different engine series from the Sentra. At least it's compatible with the Verita... but parts for that are scarce.

Never planning to buy a mitsu one because of parts as far as i know. I'll buy a suzuki one since this is the most popular keicar available here and spare parts are abundant or a daihatsu one since i'm a daihatsu fan.

2. Check the quality of the conversion. Did they reuse the original rack? Is the mounting tight? Did they do the cuts properly, or will the rack disconnect from the firewall at some inconvenient time... like when you're doing 80 on the highway? Check also that they got the dashboard right and that it doesn't look too bad.

3. The overall condition of the unit will be a key to whether it's a buyable unit, or whether you'll be waiting or scouring for months for new parts.
    Ok, i have to be honest, i have really no idea how to check these things. are there any pointers on how to check these right? Or do i need to bring a mechanic?

4. Papers, papers, papers, papers. If you're buying an imported unit, be aware of the political situation surrounding imported cars and the possibility of police harrassment... or worse... confiscation of the unit.
    Speaking of which, i saw one ad on sulit. It says, "registration will be on my name". Does this mean there are still no conduction stickers in those vehicles or still no plates? i prefer no plates so i can customize an "LLL DD" one. I really don't like the "B" plates to be honest. And what other papers? is it insurance, duties, etc?

-----

I'm kinda noob about this because this will be my first future car and i just want to be prepared on buying one in the near future. Thanks for all the response.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    up lang this thread, also san mas maganda bumili. Subic, Cavite or Cagayan po ba.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Old Import, carnap or fresh import, with the last two being hot items with the police? I'd go for the old one. :hysterical:

Gads. I think I was out of town in Tagaytay when this reply came in... sorry for the late reply!

Ok, i have to be honest, i have really no idea how to check these things. are there any pointers on how to check these right? Or do i need to bring a mechanic?
    Might have to bring a mechanic.

Speaking of which, i saw one ad on sulit. It says, "registration will be on my name". Does this mean there are still no conduction stickers in those vehicles or still no plates? i prefer no plates so i can customize an "LLL DD" one. I really don't like the "B" plates to be honest. And what other papers? is it insurance, duties, etc?
    That means you have the privilege of trying to fix the papers with the LTO. If the importation papers are not in order, big headache. Get one that's registered with clean papers. you can apply for the dropping and change of license plate afterwards.

I'm kinda noob about this because this will be my first future car and i just want to be prepared on buying one in the near future. Thanks for all the response.
    Personally, don't agree with your decision, but it's your money. Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Buying A Kei Car