New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the discount is like 2M for a car worth 7M, that's one hell of a bargain!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    it's not ingco's car i'm sure, since inco's ghibli is the awd version the one i'm going to buy is a rwd version. plus mmda saying that there's only 2 blue maseratis here in the philippines is not true, there's already a couple of them. maybe for the ghibli awd that's true but they already released atleast 10 blue ghibli's.

anyway yeah the image of a blue maserati right now is pretty bad, i know one of the blue ghibli owner and it's a different shade of blue pa ha not the same exact shade as ingco's ghibli and he told me there are tons of people taking pictures of his car ever since the incident. lalo na nung di pa daw lumalabas si ingco, so yeah he got tons of unwanted attention because of the recent incident.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yeah I don't think you would want that kind of attention. Get the white and enjoy it instead of being paranoid when using it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    We had an E90 3 series that wouldn't start all of a sudden due to some electronic ignition malfunction, not something that I expect for a brand new car with around 400 kilometers on it and definitely not expecting it from a BMW. There was another episode with that car at around 2,000km on it, we got so pissed by it that we sold it at a HUGE loss....
    That's very unfortunate for a brand new unit. Goes to show that luck still plays a huge part in owning a car, regardless if brand new or 2nd hand, regardless of brand.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    this is what im referring and talking about, dami kasi dito walang alam banat lang ng banat, akala okay ang auto kahit low mileage, kahit may warranty pa yan kung di ka naman abugado, eh gagaguhin ka lang, ex col. nga nagago ng audi.

yung kay ron brand new pa yan

the t.s. asked for an advice, dapat ibigay niyong advice yung naranasan niyo na kasi malaking gamble ito kawawa ang t.s., we must put ourselves in his shoes
    So hindi pwede bumanat dito yung OK sa low mileage cars?

Ikaw na din nagpoint na kahit brand new nagkakaproblema, so what's the use of warranty there if hindi ka din abogado?

Yes nothing beats that brand new smell, and obviously masmababa chance for you to have headaches with the car with a new unit. But how low or how high is that 'low mileage'? Depende na dun kung ano decision. Not all low mileage cars are not OK. And not all brand new cars are OK. Technically all brand new vehicles rolling out of the dealership is 'low mileage'.

Basta may reasonable warranty and reasonable discounts, why not?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    So hindi pwede bumanat dito yung OK sa low mileage cars?

Ikaw na din nagpoint na kahit brand new nagkakaproblema, so what's the use of warranty there if hindi ka din abogado?

Yes nothing beats that brand new smell, and obviously masmababa chance for you to have headaches with the car with a new unit. But how low or how high is that 'low mileage'? Depende na dun kung ano decision. Not all low mileage cars are not OK. And not all
    brand new cars are OK. Technically all brand new vehicles rolling out of the dealership is 'low mileage'.

Basta may reasonable warranty and reasonable discounts, why not?
    On the other hand, I've been lucky with buying 2 very slightly used Toyota Avanzas for use in the office, both were being sold because the original owner did not know na hindi na pwede pa isa isa pag pang taxi, I bought the first one around late 2009 (not flooded because the original papers show that the car was released weeks after Ondoy), it had around 5,000km and was cheaper by about 120k against a brand new unit. The second one was bought around June or July this year, same story, gagawing taxi pero hindi makakuha ng franchise kasi 1 unit only, again, the first owner had no recourse but to sell it, this one was even fresher than the first one, it had less than 3,000km on it, got it for around 120k less than a brand new unit.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Double post
    Last edited by ronw123w124; December 3rd, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    On the other hand, I've been lucky with buying 2 very slightly used Toyota Avanzas for use in the office, both were being sold because the original owner did not know na hindi na pwede pa isa isa pag pang taxi, I bought the first one around late 2009 (not flooded because the original papers show that the car was released weeks after Ondoy), it had around 5,000km and was cheaper by about 120k against a brand new unit. The second one was bought around June or July this year, same story, gagawing taxi pero hindi makakuha ng franchise kasi 1 unit only, again, the first owner had no recourse but to sell it, this one was even fresher than the first one, it had less than 3,000km on it, got it for around 120k less than a brand new unit.
    We also bought a test drive unit 1.5L vios way back 2009. No major problems until now. Its a gamble really, but that was worth it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Id get the brand new. If you are gonna get an italian M5 fighter, then might as well have peace of mind.
    Aye!

Willing to wait here too.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've bought two demo units in the past; a Ford Everest (Global City demo unit) and A32 Nissan Cefiro (NMPI press unit). We got them at a good discount and both had roughly 15K to 20K of test mileage on them. We never had problems until they were sold and the only issue on the Cefiro was the suspension parts needed replacement somewhat earlier than i normally encounter (which only cost me 15K to replace shocks, tie rods and rack ends). Demo units may be driven hard but they are also checked and serviced more often as these are the units that have to put their best foot forward to make the sale or garner the favorable press release. I'd go for it as long as it's in good condition, did not have an accident, and is backed by warranty.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast