New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Regarding sa mga display sa yard, puede ba paandarin or irquest marinig yung engine roaring before deciding? Ano na update sa Hyundai mo?
    Pwede istart at icheck mabuti, basta magpapaalam kalang sa mga gagawin mo. May dalang scanner yung mechanic na friend ko and nagalit yung caretaker, okay lang daw basta dapat sinabi muna haha Pwede kadin magbook sa beepbeep ng mechanic for inspection sa selected bank yards.

Di ko napo kinuha, hanap nalang ako ng mas konti yung problema. Target ko ngayon is Suzuki Ciaz. Gustong gusto ko talaga yung Elantra kaso parang andaming issues kahit bago palang sa pagcheck ko sa mga groups sa facebook and sobrang baba nung resale value, not sure why, halos kapresyo na niya yung 2nd hand accent.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfrankie View Post
    Di ko napo kinuha, hanap nalang ako ng mas konti yung problema. Target ko ngayon is Suzuki Ciaz. Gustong gusto ko talaga yung Elantra kaso parang andaming issues kahit bago palang sa pagcheck ko sa mga groups sa facebook and sobrang baba nung resale value, not sure why, halos kapresyo na niya yung 2nd hand accent.
    i would strongly advise you to stick to the major brands. toyota.. honda.. mitsu..
    their reputations offer product quality, good parts maintenance, and ease of re-sale.
    overlook the "mas mahal" part. sa umpisa lang yan. down the road, hindi kayo magsisisi.

over the years, i have learned to place "ease of maintenance" as my first priority, especially if one is looking at pre-owned cars.

let me tell you my story that i always say "to those asking for advice".
    years ago, in my off hours, i would go parts-hunting. i would walk the auto parts stores, for parts for my ailing non-japanese car that, compared to toyota, i bought cheap.
    in one store, the counter guy said to me two words that i have already heard many times, in the weeks that i have spent looking for parts, "wala po", and proceeded to the next customer.
    the next customer said what he wanted, and the counter guy answers, "OEM, japan replacement, o taiwan? pang-sariling gamit o pang bayan seller? kaliwa o kanan? ilan gusto mo?"
    and there i was, having spent weeks looking for a left ball joint for my car...
    then and there, i resolved that my next car would be a toyota.

you remind me of myself, back when i was just starting into the wonderful world of car ownership.
    i was looking for the nicer-looking and cheaper car to buy... i did not have any idea of car maintenance.
    a few months after i had purchased and was fixing up my first car, nagsisisi ako... mahirap na makahanap ng piyesa, mahal pa! dapat pala ay binili ko na lang yung bolswagen kahit mas mahal pa siya...

folks,
    this is my opinion only.
    if you have other opinions, kindly narrate them, so's post-er may be enlightened further.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 30th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i would strongly advise you to stick to the major brands. toyota.. honda.. mitsu..
    their reputations offer product quality, good parts maintenance, and ease of re-sale.
    overlook the "mas mahal" part. sa umpisa lang yan. down the road, hindi kayo magsisisi.

over the years, i have learned to place "ease of maintenance" as my first priority, especially if one is looking at pre-owned cars.

let me tell you my story that i always say "to those asking for advice".
    years ago, in my off hours, i would go parts-hunting. i would walk the auto parts stores, for parts for my ailing non-japanese car that, compared to toyota, i bought cheap.
    in one store, the counter guy said to me two words that i have already heard many times, in the weeks that i have spent looking for parts, "wala po", and proceeded to the next customer.
    the next customer said what he wanted, and the counter guy answers, "OEM, japan replacement, o taiwan? pang-sariling gamit o pang bayan seller? kaliwa o kanan? ilan gusto mo?"
    and there i was, having spent weeks looking for a left ball joint for my car...
    then and there, i resolved that my next car would be a toyota.

you remind me of myself, back when i was just starting into the wonderful world of car ownership.
    i was looking for the nicer-looking and cheaper car to buy... i did not have any idea of car maintenance.
    a few months after i had purchased and was fixing up my first car, nagsisisi ako... mahirap na makahanap ng piyesa, mahal pa! dapat pala ay binili ko na lang yung bolswagen kahit mas mahal pa siya...

folks,
    this is my opinion only.
    if you have other opinions, kindly narrate them, so's post-er may be enlightened further.
    this is also my opinion, also mas common ang kotse mas marami pyesa available

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    this is also my opinion, also mas common ang kotse mas marami pyesa available
    for this reason alone, i wouldn't mind driving a taxi-favorite car.
    pag kinawayan ka, huwag mong pansinin. but keep your doors locked, lest they climb in.
    but if they do successfully climb in... instant uber income for you! (should you wish to accept the mission.)
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for this reason alone, i wouldn't mind driving a taxi-favorite car.
    pag kinawayan ka, huwag mong pansinin. but keep your doors locked, lest they climb in.
    but if they do successfully climb in... instant uber income for you! (should you wish to accept the mission.)
    heh heh.
    Hahaha. When my innova was brand new, the wife picked me up in ayala. Few minutes after i got in, may nagbukas ng pinto at sumakay. Ganda pa naman. Lagot tuloy ako. Hahah.

Akala daw grab nya.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfrankie View Post
    Pwede istart at icheck mabuti, basta magpapaalam kalang sa mga gagawin mo. May dalang scanner yung mechanic na friend ko and nagalit yung caretaker, okay lang daw basta dapat sinabi muna haha Pwede kadin magbook sa beepbeep ng mechanic for inspection sa selected bank yards.

Medyo konti lang ang suzuki ciaz... pwede na isama ang korean cars sa hilera ng mga ma piyesa na brands like toyota honda mitsu... basta alam mo kung san ka bibile...

Nung isang araw nag hahanap ako ng toyota altis rear hubs... naka 2 auto supply ako bago nakakuha.. replacement at walang original...

So hindi din totoo na pag toyota may parts agad... may naka sabay din ako naghahanap naman ng rear hubs pang elantra.. nagulat ako na di nya alam yung autosupply na GoodGear at fronte.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Medyo konti lang ang suzuki ciaz... pwede na isama ang korean cars sa hilera ng mga ma piyesa na brands like toyota honda mitsu... basta alam mo kung san ka bibile...

Nung isang araw nag hahanap ako ng toyota altis rear hubs... naka 2 auto supply ako bago nakakuha.. replacement at walang original...

So hindi din totoo na pag toyota may parts agad... may naka sabay din ako naghahanap naman ng rear hubs pang elantra.. nagulat ako na di nya alam yung autosupply na GoodGear at fronte.
    what are... "hubs" ?

not all car owners are equally well-informed.
    there are newbies, and there are non-newbies.
    one thing i am sure of, everybody started as a newbie.

even the best-stocked stores, would not normally willfully store slow-moving items behind their counters.
    and even the best-stocked stores, can and do run out of fast-moving items, from time to time.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 2nd, 2020 at 01:11 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123