New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO though while the Lancer is great car, its not a good first car... Dahil 99.9% sure ako like any newb (maskin ako din at lahat ng kilala ko) mababanga at hindi yan maiiwasan... My suggestion, buy a Vios or a similar car then use it for 2-3 years. Pag gumaling ka na by then as in driving becomes 2nd nature then go buy the car you really want! Just my opinion...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    IMO though while the Lancer is great car, its not a good first car... Dahil 99.9% sure ako like any newb (maskin ako din at lahat ng kilala ko) mababanga at hindi yan maiiwasan... My suggestion, buy a Vios or a similar car then use it for 2-3 years. Pag gumaling ka na by then as in driving becomes 2nd nature then go buy the car you really want! Just my opinion...
    I have to agree with you on that point. I do find it a little difficult to park the Lancer EX rear-end first. The tall-ish rear end hinders vision for parking. I had back-up sensors installed to aid me.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    *tidus

your right.. looking to get a vios or city..

thanks talaga guys..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Or maybe you want to try the Yaris or Jazz, hatchbacks are perfect first cars. Easy to park because of their flat backs. I own a Yaris and I swear I don't even look at the back anymore I only look at the sidemirrors when parking backwards...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm, I think you should go for the city or vios (which ever you prefer but I prefer city hahahaha!) then save the remaining money.

After that, when you're already good at driving and you feel you already need the looks and power of bigger cars,then go buy for it, mas madami ka na po options sa future, mas magaganda na din yung lalabas. Tapos magaling ka na din mag drive nun!

Well, that's IMO.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    wow ! thanks.. hehhe salamat po sa mga advice nyo..

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    *iN00b: Sir, talaga na bang A/T ang choice mo? Ayaw mo munang mahasa sa M/T? Kunsabagay, nakakangalay ang M/T sa traffic.

*Scharnhost: Ei thanks. Yep different experiences and different tastes. Classic na yang discussion na 2nd hand vs b.new first cars. Buti nga wala pang ibang sumakay kundi, habang diskusyon nito. Hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    No problem sir! I also suggest that get M/T instead of A/T, kasi parang sayang naman yung effort mo sa pag driving school na M/T ang dina-drive mo. And, in the long run pag nag A/T ka hindi ka na mahihirapan mag adjust compared to A/T to M/T.

brand new vs 2nd hand cars are classic stories, each has their cons and pros, so to each his own na lang. ahahaha

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    based on my driving lesson.. i'm getting hang of M/T tranny.. i find it difficult at first kasi lagi ako namamatayan ng makina dahil sa clutch.. as i said maikli ang one hour na tutorial and puro bulyaw pa madidinig mo..

let's see baka mag M/T na din ako and this is contradiction on my first choice na mag A/T ako..

the idea kasi is kaya ako ng M/T lesson kasi noob talaga ako sa driving and basic kasi muna dapat.. i don't know kung may A/T na actual test sa LTo..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iNoob View Post
    based on my driving lesson.. i'm getting hang of M/T tranny.. i find it difficult at first kasi lagi ako namamatayan ng makina dahil sa clutch.. as i said maikli ang one hour na tutorial and puro bulyaw pa madidinig mo..

let's see baka mag M/T na din ako and this is contradiction on my first choice na mag A/T ako..

the idea kasi is kaya ako ng M/T lesson kasi noob talaga ako sa driving and basic kasi muna dapat.. i don't know kung may A/T na actual test sa LTo..
    With the traffic in Metro Manila, having an A/T tranny makes driving a lot easier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying a Car for Noob