New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by buyingkotse View Post
    Malaki po ba ang difference ng insurance from the dealer compared sa 3rd party na agency?
    Meron difference pero usually maliit lang.

It's just that sometimes you might already have other insurance policies like for other vehicles or for home, etc and you might want to use the same insurance company to cover your new car.

Not all insurance companies are the same. Some are friendlier than others.

Mga magkano po kaya ang pwede itawad sa isang 599k na kotse? Mukha kasing sagad na yung 599k ko, di ko na kaya if lalagpas pa po dun.
    Hard to guess. In my car purchase before, I got an additional discount P5K for one car and P12,000 for another.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by buyingkotse View Post
    So bale ang babayaran po is yung unit price + insurance + registration.

Aside from those 3 na namention wala na po bang ibang babayaran? Hindi po ba covered ng dealer yung insurance at registration, how about po yung plate number?

Thank you po sa sagot.
    Kasama sa registration cost ang plate. Don't ever let them know na di mo ito kabisado, lolokohin ka ng mga yan. Wag ka magpapabola sa mga sales agents na may oversized boobs. Ask them about freebies (accessories/items/insurance and/or LTO registration).

Usually yun lang naman babayaran (unless bigla nilang sabihin na wala pa yang +12% EVAT so clarify that before handing over your money). WAG na WAG ka kukuha ng insurance sa casa. Mahirap yan usually i-claim kasi kakunchaba nila yun. Get from BPI MS, mas mura at hassle-free. This is the BEST thing to do.

Check the vibes of the dealer. Kung masama ang pakiramdam mo or you doubt them, even just a little, back out and go to another. Most likely tama ka. It's not a crime to back out so always think of handing your money last kasi pag naibigay mo na yan, pahirapan na pagkuha nyan.

Ask them kung pwede ikaw ang mag-register sa LTO. Ito ang gagawin ko next time. T-try ko lang kung talagang months before makuha ang plate.

Quote Originally Posted by je_maza View Post
    mga bro. tanong ko lang. kapag brand new ba nabili ang car dapat ba sa casa lagi ipa service like change oils?
    If you want to keep the warranty, yes.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    WAG na WAG ka kukuha ng insurance sa casa. Mahirap yan usually i-claim kasi kakunchaba nila yun.

my experience is the converse. i never had difficulty claiming insurance from the casa.. i know casa insurance is more expensive, but i figure it is worth it, because i never had problems claiming.
    in the several instances i had the opportunity to use the insurance, all i did was to leave the car in the casa... bahala na sila.. they called me to claim my repaired car after a reasonable time period..
    my 84 centavos worth..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    looks like you're a total noob in buying cars & wag mo ipahalata na wala kang alam regarding this matter sa SA mo coz the more they wont entertain your wants. kasi kapag ganun they'll think that you're gullible.

& yes, wala naman fixed price sa kotse ... usually its more than the said price. yung price na 599k eh UNIT PRICE lang wala pa yung misc. fees which is the registration & insurance. & no, they wont give this to you for free cause you're buying in cash. if you'll opt for financing then most likely they can approve your wish to have these things without paying for them.

prepare atleast 630k for everything before you could drive home your brand new vios w/ everything in ( 3-yrs lto & compre. insurance )

no, you don't have to pay for the plates if these are not special & yes everything should be done at CASA to avoid voiding your warranty but of course I care less about the warranty coz its complete BS as this just restricts you from doing what you want.

if you only have 600k on hand & can't be stretched then buy a 2nd hand vehicle instead. coz that 630k wont stop there, remember that you still have to do your 1K PMS then 5K then 10 and so on ... which can even breach to more than two-thousand pesos. if that's too big for you then think twice in buying a brand new vehicle. its not that simple, mind you.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If your budget is max at 599K then get a second hand car...You can get a very decent car at that price range with TOTL amenities pa...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buying Brand New Car questions