New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd rather get the Santa Fe kapag city driving naman. The Everest only comes into mind if serious offroading is in order as it is its forte, but which only applies with the 4x4 variant. And the 4x2 is definitely incapable of serious offroading anyway. The Santa Fe uses the Sonata's platform which means excellent ride comfort and handling. And of course, there's that engine... Its time to remove that stigma towards Korean cars. Test drive one, or better yet, if you have a friend who happens to own one, borrow it for a long distance drive. You'll see the big difference.

When compared to Montero Sport, I'd take the Everest still. I don't care much about ride comfort, but looks, durability and performance is a big factor. The Everest has better looks. Ladder frame SUVs really have to have their spare tires mounted at the back. It frees ground clearance and looks more butch. SUVs without the spare tire at the back make it seem that they are trying to look urbanized a la unibody SUVs, which is not what ladder frame SUVs are all about. Ever notice why Suzuki never put the spare tire of their ladder frame SUVs beneath? Back to the Everest. It has more power (7hp/16Nm more) than the Monty and more toys as well.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Everest = Cool ICE + Excellent Off-Roader

Montero Sport = Better ride quality + Off-Roading features (Super Select 4X4, Headlight washer, compass, etc)

Yan eh yung Top-of-the-Line variant ang kukunin.

Kung ayaw talaga ng Santa Fe, so be it. Walang sisihan sa huli.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Personally, I would be willing to give the Tucson a shot.

Kaso it's not my money. And Korean quality comes under intense scrutiny only during the first couple of years covered by warranty.. The rest becomes questionable.

And di ba medyo useless yung headlight washer ng Montero kung wala namang headlight wiper?

And the selection is between Montero GLS 4x2 A/T or Everest Limited 4x2 A/T..
    Meron po ba diyang may alam ng fuel consumption nila?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^^^

5-year warranty!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sddefiant View Post
    Personally, I would be willing to give the Tucson a shot.

Kaso it's not my money. And Korean quality comes under intense scrutiny only during the first couple of years covered by warranty.. The rest becomes questionable.

And di ba medyo useless yung headlight washer ng Montero kung wala namang headlight wiper?

And the selection is between Montero GLS 4x2 A/T or Everest Limited 4x2 A/T..
    Meron po ba diyang may alam ng fuel consumption nila?
    The Tucson is good, but the size is quite small. SF parin. Korean quality is actually quite good already nowadays, especially since they offer 5 year warranties.

The headlight washer may silbi parin especially if you do a lot of night highway travel. The headlight lenses get fogged up due to the dust, grime, soil, or whatever there is in the air that you might hit in high speed travel, through time the light throw and intensity deteriorates. But yes, headlight wipers would be even better as I have experienced since our Trooper has it.

I'm not familiar with the FC of the 2.54x2 models but the 3.0 model should do around 8-9km/l city depending on driving style and traffic conditions.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ang meron lang naman headlight washer yung GLS 4X4 M/T at GLS SE. Since 4X2 ang bibilihin niyo, wala yung feature na yun

Okay so let's talk about the Tucson (Fave topic ko 'to hahahaha) We have the Tucson (LMX20 Premium 4WD) and Santa Fe (GLS 2WD). I'll make a little comparo between the two.

Comfort: Santa Fe. Because it's bigger, heavier and has thicker tires

Engine power: Just the same. Yung Tucson kasi smaller displacement pero lighter body. Ang Santa Fe naman bigger displacement pero heavier body.

Handling: Tucson. Hindi masyadong feel yung body roll. Siguro dahil lower ground clearance.

Fuel Consumption: Santa Fe. Siguro dahil 4X2 lang yung sa'min. 10.5km/L ang average FC sa city driving then a whopping 19.7km/L highway driving! Possible na lumagpas pa ng 20km/L yung Santa Fe.

IMHO hindi naman maliit yung Tucson. Pero depende yan sa pag-gagamitan mo. Kung single ka, binata o dalaga. Sakto talaga sa'yo yung Tucson. Pero kung pamilyadong tao ka na, Santa Fe would be a better choice.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Malakas ba talaga FC ng Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4-D? We have one kasi and it does 6-7km/L computed City driving.

Actual computed ba yang 8-9km/L city driving sa 3.0L TDCi Everest?

As for Korean warranty.. Kahit warranty matagal, yung mga consumables pa rin tataga sa iyo in the long run. Not to mention, walang kwenta warranty if it ends up killing me before I can claim the warranty.

Plus, yung Sedona namin was under warranty kaso every two weeks nasa service for the same thing. And hindi daw kasama sa warranty yung belts. So useless din.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung Fortuner malakas dahil masyado mabigat. Yung Everest naman di ako sigurado kasi hindi naman ako naging interested dyan ever since.

Regarding warranty ng Korean Cars. Pag Hyundai ayos lang naman. Hindi matagal ang parts at mas madaling kausap than Honda and Toyota. Take that from me, sa dinami na ng naging kotse namin.. At isa pang factor dyan e kung gaano kalakas ang dealer sa supplier. At magkaibang company ang may hawak ng Hyundai at KIA dito sa Pilipinas. Kaya hindi ko alam kung ano problema ng KIA pagdating sa warranty claims.

At ang KIA daw mas mahal sa Hyundai ang maintenance.

Regarding the belts, of course hindi kasama sa warranty yan kasi part ng maintenance yan. Mag-isip nga kayo.

Mag a-advise kami ng magandang Korean car tapos bibirahin mo lang din dahil sa sirain niyong Carnival.

Bakit ang Toyota, diba sirain din yung mga lintek na D-4D engines nila lalo na yung 2.5L, naapektuhan ba yung sales ng Vios, Corolla, Camry? Hindi naman diba.

Ganun din yan sa Korean cars, hindi lahat walang kwenta.

Now, if you don't want to change your thoughts about Korean Cars, just have this thread closed then buy a Montero Sport.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yung Fortuner malakas dahil masyado mabigat. Yung Everest naman di ako sigurado kasi hindi naman ako naging interested dyan ever since.

Regarding warranty ng Korean Cars. Pag Hyundai ayos lang naman. Hindi matagal ang parts at mas madaling kausap than Honda and Toyota. Take that from me, sa dinami na ng naging kotse namin.. At isa pang factor dyan e kung gaano kalakas ang dealer sa supplier. At magkaibang company ang may hawak ng Hyundai at KIA dito sa Pilipinas. Kaya hindi ko alam kung ano problema ng KIA pagdating sa warranty claims.

At ang KIA daw mas mahal sa Hyundai ang maintenance.

Regarding the belts, of course hindi kasama sa warranty yan kasi part ng maintenance yan. Mag-isip nga kayo.

Mag a-advise kami ng magandang Korean car tapos bibirahin mo lang din dahil sa sirain niyong Carnival.

Bakit ang Toyota, diba sirain din yung mga lintek na D-4D engines nila lalo na yung 2.5L, naapektuhan ba yung sales ng Vios, Corolla, Camry? Hindi naman diba.

Ganun din yan sa Korean cars, hindi lahat walang kwenta.

Now, if you don't want to change your thoughts about Korean Cars, just have this thread closed then buy a Montero Sport.
    Coooool SG Coooooooool hehehe puso mo heheheh

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi naman tumaas ang dugo ko.. Ang akin lang eh bakit pa nagtanong kung gusto naman talaga yung Montero Sport diba.

Maganda naman yung Montero Sport eh, hindi naman kami nagsisisi dun sa Montero namin. Ayos nga pang-farm eh.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast