New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Goodpm tsikoteers!

My brother is asking for help what are his options when buying a 2nd hand car with a budget of 500k below? I've seen other threads and some searches for that price range and as i see the FD, Jazz, Altis are within the range. Though i also want your opinions regarding this.

I'll list what the car will be used for.

Size of family: 3 (1 baby)
    No. of helpers: 2
    Car will be mostly used by my sister-in-law during weekdays and route will be san juan - ortigas only
    On weekends, car will be used to go to cavite and or bulacan (grandparents)
    Hoping to get the best bang-for-the-buck car at 500k or less
    Hoping to get 2008 model and up (06-07 okay)
    Best FC
    Should be A/T since my sister-in-law doesn't drive manual

If you were in this situation, what would you get?

Thanks in advance tsikoteers. I'll be glad to answer all other questions that is needed :D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Altis for me. but you can try to search for actual price first, and then choose

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The FD might not be enjoyed by your grandparents since it has a rather stiff ride compared to the Altis.

With the given choices, I'd go for the 10th gen altis. Comfortable & spacious enough to fit in 5 people comfortably.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Given the potential number of passengers, I would suggest getting a second hand Kia Carens (CRDi) as it seats 7.

The Jazz would most certainly bottom out if filled up with a full complement of passengers.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The FD might not be enjoyed by your grandparents since it has a rather stiff ride compared to the Altis.

With the given choices, I'd go for the 10th gen altis. Comfortable & spacious enough to fit in 5 people comfortably.
    sorry for the confusion. What i meant was my brother's family will be traveling to either cavite or bulacan to visit their in-laws. But yeah Altis is actually a really strong contender here. Though we can't actually find a 2008 (faclifted) with the given budget.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Given the potential number of passengers, I would suggest getting a second hand Kia Carens (CRDi) as it seats 7.

The Jazz would most certainly bottom out if filled up with a full complement of passengers.
    Point take re the Jazz since if they will be traveling during the weekends, surely it will be 5 people + lots of stuff for the baby! Thanks for that!

So either Altis or Civic FD.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Don't worry. Maganda pa rin naman ang Pre-Facelift model ng Altis. Meron kami 2006 Altis. Maayos naman itsura. No problems hangang ngayon.

The only problems na naencounter namin ay due to Driver Errors. hahaha!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since may baby ka at katulong, siguradong marami ka laging dala. Mahirapan ka sa sedan. I'd suggest the Nissan Grand Livina or Kia Carens for you. Still at compact sedan dimensions, but much more spacious, and with extended seating capacity.