New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi! i'm from Bacolod City and i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car from cebu city. i need your advise on that should i check (papers) or/cr? the seller will be the one to process the transfer, so if i pay him, what papers should he give to me? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung bayyad na kotse, ikaw na magpalipat

I mean , mahirap din na bayad na tapos nasa kamay nya pa papers. Considering hindi mo kakilala seller

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    Hi! i'm from Bacolod City and i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car from cebu city. i need your advise on that should i check (papers) or/cr? the seller will be the one to process the transfer, so if i pay him, what papers should he give to me? thanks in advance
    Same with me, I am from Iloilo City and planning to buy a used car in manila. Negotiations with the seller/dealer may be through phone/cellphone only. when finalized, paano payment, do I need to go to Manila to pay and get the car together with the papers? Or can the seller shipped the car with the papers and I pay on delivery? Please somebody enlighten me. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    its the same.. get the original OR/CR and make sure that the car is free from liens. also get a copy of a notarized deed of sale and that should be it. ikaw na lang ang mag transfer.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi, planning to buy second hand car also, any requirement na kailangan, sa tingin nyo ok pa rin ba ang Honda CRV 2002 Model 4x4 can you help me
    Thanks

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgoons View Post
    Same with me, I am from Iloilo City and planning to buy a used car in manila. Negotiations with the seller/dealer may be through phone/cellphone only. when finalized, paano payment, do I need to go to Manila to pay and get the car together with the papers? Or can the seller shipped the car with the papers and I pay on delivery? Please somebody enlighten me. Thanks
    Mukhang mahirap yata bumili ng 2nd hand car without ever seeing it. My advice is tignan muna ang sasakyan before making a decision, mahirap yang bibili ka ng sasakyan na puro phone lang ang gamit, iba pa rin yung makikita mo ng maigi. Mabuti na yung nagiingat, nasa huli ang pagsisisi.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Mukhang mahirap yata bumili ng 2nd hand car without ever seeing it. My advice is tignan muna ang sasakyan before making a decision, mahirap yang bibili ka ng sasakyan na puro phone lang ang gamit, iba pa rin yung makikita mo ng maigi. Mabuti na yung nagiingat, nasa huli ang pagsisisi.

Very sensible advice.

The proverbial "see to appreciate" invitation for the seller is actually "see to verify" for the buyer.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tontonhk View Post
    Hi, planning to buy second hand car also, any requirement na kailangan, sa tingin nyo ok pa rin ba ang Honda CRV 2002 Model 4x4 can you help me
    Thanks
    The requirements were answered already by the other tsikoteers. As for the 2002 CRV well gas consumption and the suspension are the issues with this particular model.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Very sensible advice.

The proverbial "see to appreciate" invitation for the seller is actually "see to verify" for the buyer.
    Thanks for all the advices. Very enlightening indeed.

Buying a 2nd hand car, what to check?