New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *Sir Niky, I think meron din GT na M/T. Though limited lang ang lumabas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Within the TS' budget. I think an 04-05 Lancer GLS MT might fit his needs. This one has ABS and driver's airbag and 4 wheel disc brakes. Im not aware that the GT had a manual. The MX is all CVT and i thought the GT and GSR were all 4AT.

The 03 VTI is fine but lacks airbags, ABS and 4 wheel discs that the VTI-S have.

I think for the budget, you might be able to find an 05-06 Sentra GS, the topline 1.6L of Sentras. It has driver's airbag, ABS, 4 disc, auto climate control and leather interior. Most are sold with bodykits, too(i-Style variant look), which includes wraparound skirts, smoked headlamps, ducktail spoiler, side mirror repeaters etc.

like this

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do note: You can get a very new Lynx Ghia MT within the budget... and have lots left over. Sure, the 1.6 isn't the most economical there is, but with a 100k in change from 350k, that's still a saving over the others. It's fully loaded, with a 6-disc changer, leather, a sunroof, fog-lights and a rear windowshade. And the rear seat is better than the Sentra or Lancer (opinion only on the Lancer... for the Sentra, I'm pretty sure...)

Still... whatever you buy, it will come down to personal preference on looks, kit, and the overall condition of the actual unit you're going to buy... because even the best car in the Universe can be a lemon secondhand if the previous owner treated it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    *Sir Niky, I think meron din GT na M/T. Though limited lang ang lumabas.
    Really? when it first came out, their price list and brochure only showed the AT. They should have advertised the MT if so. Sayang. I really liked the car, but the 4AT is just a major turn-off.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *topic starter - so kung ok ka pala sa M/T, well then mas bang for the buck talaga sa iyo ang Lancer or Sentra.

Hondas are just too expensive for a 2nd hand car. Is the Civic more reliable or mas matibay kesa sa Lancer or Sentra? No, maintenance pa rin ang factor. Lamang lang nila siguro yung engine dahil I hate to admit it, isa sila sa pinaka-advanced talaga that is why matutulin ang mga Hondas. pero ilang ligo lang ang lamang naman hehe.

like I said before on my post, isipin nalang natin na yung mga tinitingnan mong cars ay properly maintained, odometer readings ay naaayon sa taon.

05 Lancer or Sentra vs 02-03 Civic

No questions asked, I would opt for the younger Lancer/Sentra. Take advantage of the low resale value, like I said, hindi porke mababa ang resale value ay mas sirain ang sasakyan, badge lang ang binabayaran mo diyan hehe, Toyota and Honda cars have high resale values because of their badges. All cars naman na pinipili mo are reliable naman eh.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir prestige din kasi po hinahanap, though konti lang nakikitang kong lancer na taxi, but i think im really opt for Honda's, yung uncle ko rin kasi na mech eng, also recommended me to go for honda, he came from sentra din kasi. now he has 2 FD's, sana ibenta sa akin yun isa hehehe! thanks sa mga inputs guy's

but i think ill go for the 03 civic VTI's na MT, intay intay lang ciguro muna ako wala kasi akong nakikita sa BS section now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
buying a 2nd hand car Civic 03, Lancer 03, MR2