New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We know of a med rep (a relative) selling her service car provided by her company. She swears that if she only have the money that she will buy it herself. I know it is casa maintained but she was not able to have the shocks changed as the symptom of a shock failure started manifesting around 3mos ago and they have a company rule which basically prohibits employees to spend for repairs on company cars being released in 6 months. I know little about these cars except they have a chain drive, good a/c system and have a spacious interior. I currently own a 10yr gas-guzzling ride (average of 7kms/l) and is religiously casa maintained with all parts replaced with OEM parts (even replaced the whole cooling system including radiator, hoses and thermostat except for the water pump for Php32,000 last month). I think the water pump and front tires are the only parts need replacing. But my main gripe is the hard to find parts, the gas mileage and its age.

I apologize for the long intro but should I go ahead and buy the Sentra and get rid of my current 10yr old gas guzzling ride. By the way, I have an outstanding offer from a friend that have been waiting for me to sell him my ride. The offered price is tempting too. Any thoughts and advise is appreciated as I really need to decide ASAP. TIA!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    That gas guzzler of yours....what is it? And is this 7kml/l on provincial roads or metro manila traffic?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No. Mileage is too high. That's 18k kms per year. Gamit na gamit pa given that it was a med rep's service vehicle.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 30th, 2015 at 10:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki APV a/t. The 7km/l is for the life span of the car mostly driven on empty roads (LPC to Coastal Rd to Makati) at an average of 70-80km/h as I work the graveyard shift (10yrs and going). 1st owner here and medyo metikuloso ako kaya I've kept record of all repairs and gas fill up of the car since its purchase. My wife's car is a 2013 Suzuki Swift a/t with a lifetime mileage of 13.1kms/l. Laking tipid ng kotseng maganda ang gas mileage!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My ride's mileage.... 165k kms.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    No. Mileage is too high. That's 18k kms per year. Gamit na gamit pa given that it was a med rep's service vehicle.
    As long as the the oil change interval was followed the engine should last another 100k.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Suzuki APV a/t. The 7km/l is for the life span of the car mostly driven on empty roads (LPC to Coastal Rd to Makati) at an average of 70-80km/h as I work the graveyard shift (10yrs and going). 1st owner here and medyo metikuloso ako kaya I've kept record of all repairs and gas fill up of the car since its purchase. My wife's car is a 2013 Suzuki Swift a/t with a lifetime mileage of 13.1kms/l. Laking tipid ng kotseng maganda ang gas mileage!!!
    If you have the same scenario the nissan would yield around 8-9km/l Lifetime.

You will have to find shocks. and battery might be due for a change. atf oil change(every 40k) also. Sparkplugs also. Its a good price imo. Repair cost would be 15k-25k on top of the price.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks StockEngine. The price is actually what got my attention initially. Then came the common knowledge that this Sentra is currently being used as a taxi thus, parts could be easier to source out. My relative says her Sentra does more than 10km/l. This is also a huge plus for me. She also told me that like me, she kept all maintenance records for the 3 yrs she had the car. I am leaning towards getting the Sentra since the offer I got from the APV is more than what I am expecting. I just need to get rid of the sentimental value thingy since this car is the first car I bought locally.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh I did not notice the price. I was able to sell my 1996 GLi for a higher amount last year. It's a good buy na nga

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I suggest you check for leaks near the engine(underbody checks) Just a precaution. also check the oil dip stick if its below minimum vs the last oil change. If the oil change was recent and the oil level is low. There might be engine problems already.

Include all other fluid levels. Hehehe
    Last edited by StockEngine; May 31st, 2015 at 12:02 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast