New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    I am sorry to tell you that there’s no such thing as “buy and forget” cars when it comes to maintenance. Well, maybe buy and forget driving it.
    Meron naman. Yung mga pampasahero na jeep

Minsan over 2+ years pa bago i-oil change man lang. Baka kung pwedeng Minola ilagay, they'd do it

====
    I can't imagine how many hundreds of thousands of kms na itinakbo na kaya ng mga reconditioned na Isuzu C240 engines ng mga ito and they keep running (somehow) despite all the abuse they take.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Meron naman. Yung mga pampasahero na jeep

Minsan over 2+ years pa bago i-oil change man lang. Baka kung pwedeng Minola ilagay, they'd do it

====
    I can't imagine how many hundreds of thousands of kms na itinakbo na kaya ng mga reconditioned na Isuzu C240 engines ng mga ito and they keep running (somehow) despite all the abuse they take.
    the minola oil is for the gas tank po.
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the minola oil is for the gas tank po.
    heh heh.
    I wonder whatever happened to that DOST project about converting used cooking oil into biodiesel?

Not commercially feasible? Or squashed by the powers that be because it would cut into their profits?

Back to topic, we once had an old Ford Cortina Ghia which was a buy and forget car, my dad didn't have any repairs done for many years even though it was his daily driver to work inside Clark. He was a very careful driver.

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    most vehicles will last 60-100 months without any repair aside from consumables.

so which non consumable part are you expecting to fail?

With that logic, why bother bringing your car to the dealer for pms while it’s still under warranty?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    With that logic, why bother bringing your car to the dealer for pms while it’s still under warranty?
    "just in case".
    heh heh.

sometimes, there is a silent recall, which might be taken advantage of, during the pms...

actually, some folks here have admitted doing that. their car's last visit to the casa was when they drove it home, brand new.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    I think for owners like me who stick to casa maintenance while under warranty, we just want to avoid that denial of warranty claim as there is usually a clause in there if you dont have your servicing done by dealer, your warranty will be voided (since may iba gumagalaw sa kotse at di nila 'alam' kung anu yun).

If there is a recall notice, covered ka pa din like yung sa mga takata airbags na check sa mga website ng local brands if kasali unit mo. Hindi ka naman nila tatabuyin just because hindi ka na nagpapaservice sa kanila.

Pero yun nga, as mentioned by our good dr d, iba usapan sa 'silent recall'. Pwede ka nila paikut ikutin dahil walang formal notice of recall and xxx philippine distribution about your concern.

So ayun.

7. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I think for owners like me who stick to casa maintenance while under warranty, we just want to avoid that denial of warranty claim as there is usually a clause in there if you dont have your servicing done by dealer, your warranty will be voided (since may iba gumagalaw sa kotse at di nila 'alam' kung anu yun).

If there is a recall notice, covered ka pa din like yung sa mga takata airbags na check sa mga website ng local brands if kasali unit mo. Hindi ka naman nila tatabuyin just because hindi ka na nagpapaservice sa kanila.

Pero yun nga, as mentioned by our good dr d, iba usapan sa 'silent recall'. Pwede ka nila paikut ikutin dahil walang formal notice of recall and xxx philippine distribution about your concern.

So ayun.
    We’ll, I was just replying to post #28. So I’ll let him reply to you guys. Of course you need to follow dealer’s pms policies to avoid problems honoring a warranty. Just-in-case, because as I’ve mentioned earlier, “there’s no such thing as buy and forget.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    buy and forget meaning nyan eh parang smartphone. Icharge mo lang pag nalowbatt.

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    He should have said low maintenance car. Also, how can we recommend without him telling his budget? And how often does he change cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    EVs like the Hyundai Kona electric and Nissan Leaf should fit the bill. Less maintenance but still have to maintain the moving parts and consumables like tires, suspension, steering, wiper blades, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast