New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi Tsikoters,

I'm new here. Just wanted to ask your opinion regarding brandnew and 2nd hand vehicles. We are currently shopping a replace for our current ride with a 7-8 seater MPV. We are looking into brandnew Innova G (1.133M), Kia Carens EX (1.270M), Grand Livina Elegance G.M.(1.038M). And then we came across with a 2nd hand Kia Carnival EX LWB priced at 1.1M 2008 model around 22k mileage. After doing the math our monthly for the 2md hand Carnival is around 20k for 4 years which is 1.4k higher than the Carens EX. Do you think it's worth it to buy the 2nd hand Carnival instead of a brandnew Carens or Innova? We already inspected the Carnival and it's still fresh in and out, we test drove it and it seems no problems with it's suspension and under chassis. And you very much. Hoping for your opinions

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir, get a brand new vehicle, don't buy that 2nd hand car. most of the tsikoteers would also recommend to purchase a new car rather than buying a 2nd car.

Nissan Grand Livina, medyo maliit siya for an MPV, parang kotse lang talaga siya.

Innova, well just get the VVTI (gas) variant not the D4D (crdi diesel) variant. until now marami pa ring issues sa D4D nila eh.

Carens, not ridden one pero gusto ko ang style, and I think spacious naman ang loob nito since malaki rin naman ito compared sa Grand Livina.

I would opt for the Carens.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It will all depend on your budget and your requirements bro.

Now, if you're telling me that you will pay the same amount(or more) of amortization for a second hand vehicle, then I'd say go for a brand new one that meets your requirements....

10.4K:shazam:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Carnival is a bigger and better vehicle than the others... but the monthly amortization is kind of high, considering it's secondhand already and priced less than the others!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thank you guys for your inputs

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Carnival is a bigger and better vehicle than the others... but the monthly amortization is kind of high, considering it's secondhand already and priced less than the others!
    Yes sir it's quite high because mataas talag interest rates ng banks for 2nd hand vehicles

Btw, the SRP for brandnew LWB Carnival EX is 1.695M

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Nissan Grand Livina maganda...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by April Boy View Post
    Nissan Grand Livina maganda...
    The Nissan Grand Livina is simply too small compared to other vehicles in the same class like the Toyota Innova.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Grand livina - too cramped. too small. The additional 2 seats should be only used for emergency purposes only and not to be used often.

Masyadong maliit. A/C is just on the front, don't know if the cool humid will reach the rear.

Innova - looks aren't bad enough. Good for family use. Only get the VVTi, not the D4D.

Carens - Has low ground clearance, hence much better stance and looks. Interior is pretty well spacious and CRDi engine is powerful. Bang for the buck IMO.

-- verdict :: since you will not save any from the 2nd hand unit, get the carens. you wouldn't really regret it anyways.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    innova is not that bad kahit medyo luma na sya, since 2005 pa sya lumabas.

carens? it's also a 7-seater, pero it starts with a price tag of 1.135M; and dati may Gas variant sya, ngayon wala na.

grand livina? sikip sya.

innova pa rin for me

Brandnew Vs. 2nd Hand Vehicle