The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just sharing...

Time to ditch Chevrolet

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From the choices I agree with Sorento. We had the 1st gen Tucson (2.0li gas) for 7 years. Gamit na gamit din. Daily to Makati with occasional weekend trips to Pangasinan. It just kept going with nothing but basic maintenance. Haven't had any Korean cars since then, but if they were that good 10 years ago things should be even better now.

Naging pickup platform SUV nga pala yung Trailblazer!

When I hear the name I still think of this:

and for modern versions this:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks everyone, seems majority recommends the Sorento. I got to see the Montero and the Sorento this weekend and I really liked the Sorento. My old man got to test drive it today and he is now sold to it. Looks like we will be getting the Sorento. Just need to have my Bank PO approved for the change of unit. I am also negotiating for a bigger discount, free PMS for the 1st 20km and a lower interest rate.

I also learned that Sorento is spelled with a single ‘r’, my bad... and that it is not a PPV.

Thanks again for the helpful advices everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung city use at occasional trips sa province, mas ok ang sorento lalo na oldie ang gagamit..

kung 2018 trailblazer, di mo pa nabibili, luma na agad... unlike sorento bagong bago talaga!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yep, the Sorento is a crossover and shares the same platform/engine as the Santa Fe. Better handling and ride comfort over PPVs.

Pics ha once you got your new Sorento.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Another question mga masters, so I am haggling with my dealer about freebies and stuff before we finalize the deal for the Sorento. I was asking for free PMS and she said that she could give me up to 20k km but she would need to reduce my discount by 20k php.

I can’t find the actual costing for the Sorento’s first 20km PMS’s. I am just thinking it will be surely more than 20k php.

If you were in my shoes, would you take the free PMS up to 20k km or the 20k php discount?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I saw an ad for the Sorento which offered 0% interest for 60 months. I think it was either the big cash discount or the 0% interest.

PMS cost within the first 20k would not be that costly. Just take the 20k discount as it is money saved now.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    Another question mga masters, so I am haggling with my dealer about freebies and stuff before we finalize the deal for the Sorento. I was asking for free PMS and she said that she could give me up to 20k km but she would need to reduce my discount by 20k php.

I can’t find the actual costing for the Sorento’s first 20km PMS’s. I am just thinking it will be surely more than 20k php.

If you were in my shoes, would you take the free PMS up to 20k km or the 20k php discount?

i'd take the 20K discount.
    that's real money.
    the free pms is a nebulous amount. sa totoo lang, oil and filter lang naman ang true-must-do's sa pms.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes, it's not that costly if you know how to take out the unnecessary add ons

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd take the 20K discount.
    that's real money.
    the free pms is a nebulous amount. sa totoo lang, oil and filter lang naman ang true-must-do's sa pms.
    sorry for the OT but this reminded me of an old story...

Colleague buying an Adventure...

Pare... Full tank voucher or 10 raffle coupons to win another Adv?

My answer. pare full tank

His decision. may pang gas ako pare, wala akong pambili ng isa pang Adv.

Anyway, he's driving a Hilux now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast