New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Planning to get a 7-seater SUV for a family car and I was offered this old stock brand new 2018 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT at 1.2m (500k discount). I really like how the Chevy looks and with that price, it is really tempting. I have read and heard from friends Chevrolet’s maintenance issues especially parts availability. Also this being a 2yrs old brand new car, I am sure there are a lot of risks involve here.

I am considering other brands below especially the Sorrento and the Montero (my old man’s choice).

2019 Kia Sorrento EX - 1.52m (380k discount)
    2019 Montero Sport GLS Premium - 1.5m (500k discount)
    2020 Nissan Terra VE - 1.58m (150k discount)
    2020 Toyota Fortuner G - 1.6m (120k discount)

Back of my mind, I don’t want to go mainstream thus maybe why the appeal of the Trailblazer and Sorrento to me.

I would love your thoughts and experiences on the above vehicles mga masters. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Mukhang mas comfortable ang Sorrento, at mas madali i maintain compared sa Trailblazer.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Wait for the bigger discount bro.. let them bleed more...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I had a trailblazer ltz before. Powerful and spacious inside.

But it had the noisiest engine which really bothered me. Sold it after 3 years.

Am not sure if they upgraded the sound insulation and interior in the 2018 model.

Take note chevrolet is having a very difficult time in asia and is closing a lot of its country operations elsewhere. This model may be affected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Dito sa isang agent 430k discount sa Sorrento.

Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDI 4x2 Auto, Cars for Sale, New Cars on Carousell

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    Planning to get a 7-seater SUV for a family car and I was offered this old stock brand new 2018 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT at 1.2m (500k discount). I really like how the Chevy looks and with that price, it is really tempting. I have read and heard from friends Chevrolet’s maintenance issues especially parts availability. Also this being a 2yrs old brand new car, I am sure there are a lot of risks involve here.

I am considering other brands below especially the Sorrento and the Montero (my old man’s choice).

2019 Kia Sorrento EX - 1.52m (380k discount)
    2019 Montero Sport GLS Premium - 1.5m (500k discount)
    2020 Nissan Terra VE - 1.58m (150k discount)
    2020 Toyota Fortuner G - 1.6m (120k discount)

Back of my mind, I don’t want to go mainstream thus maybe why the appeal of the Trailblazer and Sorrento to me.

I would love your thoughts and experiences on the above vehicles mga masters. Thanks in advance!

hindi naman mahirap i-maintain ang TBZ kaso lang discontinued na yata ang production sa Thailand.
    this is the reason why i sold my 2014 LT but the power plant under the hood is a beast!
    if i were in your shoes, i'll pick the Sorento.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sorento over any other PPV

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    hindi naman mahirap i-maintain ang TBZ kaso lang discontinued na yata ang production sa Thailand.
    this is the reason why i sold my 2014 LT but the power plant under the hood is a beast!
    if i were in your shoes, i'll pick the Sorento.
    Binenta mo na pala Trailblazer mo bro, yun pa gamit mo last time we met up hehe. Ano pinalit mo?

BTT: Sorento over Trailblazer if it's just the 2 as options. But if you're open to other 7-seater PPVs the Montero is good if you don't need the 3rd row as much and you like the looks. Subjectively my top pick is the Fortuner.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Binenta mo na pala Trailblazer mo bro, yun pa gamit mo last time we met up hehe. Ano pinalit mo?

BTT: Sorento over Trailblazer if it's just the 2 as options. But if you're open to other 7-seater PPVs the Montero is good if you don't need the 3rd row as much and you like the looks. Subjectively my top pick is the Fortuner.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    oo bro, pero si misis ang nagbenta.
    hindi ko na nga nakita mula nung umalis ako ng February dyan sa atin hahaha.
    pina-cancel ni misis yung order nya na SG Elite dahil sa inip at kumuha na lang ng used SG.
    siguro paguwi ko ng mid-november baka kukuha na lang ng used na ES o IS350 na lexus or another PPVs kung gaganda pa ang presyuhan by end of the year.

kaya di rin nalalayo yung pinagpipilian ni TS kung sakaling mid-size SUV ang bagsak ko.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Dito sa isang agent 430k discount sa Sorrento.

Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDI 4x2 Auto, Cars for Sale, New Cars on Carousell
    Thanks for this *bxr monkey. Showed it to the sales rep and she said that they would be willing to match that if I decide to get the Sorento from them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast