New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Naihataw ko si innova umabot 130kph sa nlex pero nagvavary yung speed, 100kph-130kph. ok lang kaya yun kahit wala pa 1000kms?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pag ako sunod na lang sa manual, wala naman mawawala eh...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sa palagay ko... ok lang naman na hataw yung oto kung brake-in stage pero wag lang siguro madalas. yung oil niya for pms at 1000kms baka puro impurities kasi first oil yan when the car is manufactured...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SAs often gives the tag line, "After 1000km magiimprove yan"

Like suspension ride or Fuel Consumtion even the acceleration.

From my experience theres no changes or miracle that will happen to your car after the first 1000km. Kaya kung may naramdaman kayo hindi maganda, insist them on checking it out,

The way i see it, andito lang talaga ang Scope of Warranty nila and not the 100,000 or 3 years.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

IF YOU HAVE TIME READ THIS ARTICLE.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    personally, i just do not abuse my engine. break in period or not. common sense.
    i also believe the break-in period is more critical in colder countries. in our tropical country, just drive normally and have the 1000 km change oil. and don't abuse the car.
    i have this suspicion that the break-in period is designed to minimize engine damage brought about by manufacturing and assembly "errors" like loose nuts, weak metal parts, etc.... am i suggesting you abuse the engine so that manufacturing imperfections will come out during the warranty period?
    Last edited by dr. d; April 30th, 2011 at 06:01 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personally, i just do not abuse my engine. break in period or not. common sense.
    i also believe the break-in period is more critical in colder countries. in our tropical country, just drive normally and have the 1000 km change oil. and don't abuse the car.
    i have this suspicion that the break-in period is designed to minimize engine damage brought about by manufacturing and assembly "errors" like loose nuts, weak metal parts, etc.... am i suggesting you abuse the engine so that manufacturing imperfections will come out during the warranty period?

Yes, break-in were designed by the makers of the cars to ensure that in the first 1,000kms, the mechanical parts will settle nicely. So better be gentle in doing so. PATIENCE is a definitely a VIRTUE!

Kami nga 800 kms pa lang change oil na agad just to be sure eh. Tapos 4,500km ulit for anything brand new (motorcycyel or cars).
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBRONghini6 View Post
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

IF YOU HAVE TIME READ THIS ARTICLE.

Tignan mo sa last part, may binibiida siyang magazine! La yan, kalokohan pa rin yan. Kung merong taga-tsikot ang nagbukas ng makina at ipakita mismo dito result at walang na-eendorse na produkto, maniwala na siguro ako. Mas magaling pa sila sa mga engnr na sobrang R&D ang ginagawa in doing new engine designs eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    i'm still confuse with you guys.. so whats really the final verdict?

kelangan ba na hard yung break in?

or kelangan patience lang at gentle sa makina? need answers guys kasi magbubuy kme this month..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip0021 View Post
    i'm still confuse with you guys.. so whats really the final verdict?

kelangan ba na hard yung break in?

or kelangan patience lang at gentle sa makina? need answers guys kasi magbubuy kme this month..
    ok. ganito na lang:
    no jackrabbit or rubber-burning starts.
    put eggs between your foot and the accelerator pedal, and don't crack them.
    and keep the rpm below 2500.
    ok ok. forget the eggs part..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 2nd, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Brand New Car: Break in