New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Crosswind.

Repairs have been as follows:

Exhaust leak - 40,000 kms, 80,000 kms... finally fixed with flex-tube. No more problems. New Crosswinds come with the flex tube as standard.

New clutch - 80,000 kms. Second clutch, still going at 203,000.

Rear shocks - 80,000 kms. Rear springs - 160,000 kms.

New thermostat and fan clutch, as well as radiator cleaning - 160,000 kms.

Fan belts - 60,000, 120,000, 180,000... if I remember correctly.

Battery - replaced at 60,000 kms, 4 years ago. Still using that battery.

AC - cleaned and recharged at 80,000 kms.

Other minor items:

Front shocks - never replaced. Seems to have blown at 180,000 kms. Have to be replaced soon.

Rear differential leaking - not yet replaced. Leak minor.

Dashboard wiring shorted - since 195,000 kms (goes on and off... still need to fix it)

Alarm - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

-

As long as you get a manual Crosswind, you won't have many problems. Even better if it doesn't come with that stupid factory immobilizer that fritzes out occassionally. I've driven ours in flood so deep that the fan belts stop turning the alternator and the electricity goes out. No problem. I've driven on a dead battery. I've driven off-road in knee deep mud (suggest you don't do this, though, unless you have good tires). I've driven from one end of Luzon to the other. I've driven with diesel bought from the takal-takal sari-sari store.

The only troublesome part of owning a Crosswind is cleaning out the exhaust every weekend with a hose to flush out the carbon deposits, to ensure it doesn't belch black smoke. Oh... and the fact that the brakes are horribly weak.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *TS, if you're sure in getting the crosswind I suggest that you just stick with the XL variant. Everything's the same but the features. Less electronics pa, I'd say if you can live with it this will be your BEST choice as here you can assure that you'd only have to deal with minor electrical components in the future.

& yeah the XT & XL looks similar to me. & in buying a crosswind looks should be at the last of your priority list. LOL.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    mga sir thanks po sa tips medyo dikit po ang chioces..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ano na po ba yung mga final choices mo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    sir siguro po i go sa avanza na lng total na ung features nia,pero dahil wla pa ko masyado knowledge sa car dahil po 1st car ko eto,ngdadalawang isip parin ako sa adventure..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aronniksa View Post
    sir siguro po i go sa avanza na lng total na ung features nia,pero dahil wla pa ko masyado knowledge sa car dahil po 1st car ko eto,ngdadalawang isip parin ako sa adventure..
    Advie GLS na kasi eh. Hindi ka magsisisi unless you want to go above 130kph sometimes hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Grabe kasi ang presyo ng Crosswind eh ang mahal mahal, yun sana ang pinaka-OK. Pero kapag ganun Adventure GLS na nga kasi diesel siya at andun ang mga standard convenience features. I suggest after bumili ng Adventure, i-break in ng matindi and then add some performance mods like an aftermarket filter. I've heard of Crosswinds having huge performance improvements after this. And I'd have to reiterate about the break-in thing, malaking difference yan throughout the whole life of your vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the difference is in terms of entertainment features and leather... don't mind them. You can get seat-covers... which you won't mind having damaged as much as real leather. Entertainment... so what? You can upgrade to a stereo of your choice in the future... spend just 20-30k outside and you can get a much better radio than you can get in any car below 1m in price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thank you po sa mga ng reply,and the winner is adventure gsl po lol..thank you so much

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Grabe kasi ang presyo ng Crosswind eh ang mahal mahal, yun sana ang pinaka-OK. Pero kapag ganun Adventure GLS na nga kasi diesel siya at andun ang mga standard convenience features. I suggest after bumili ng Adventure, i-break in ng matindi and then add some performance mods like an aftermarket filter. I've heard of Crosswinds having huge performance improvements after this. And I'd have to reiterate about the break-in thing, malaking difference yan throughout the whole life of your vehicle.
    A low boost turbo and intercooler would be good also.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
brand new advised 2011