New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi to all,

I need your help guys, my prob is if i will buy BNEW sub-compact ( City, Vios, Cedia and Accent) or One-Two years old 2nd Hand Compact (Altis and Civic).

Eto mga naresearch ko;

City I like it looks pero pinakamahal siya sa Subcompact
    Vios I like FC and ang bilis ng response niya
    Cedia More power and features pero lumang model and a possible low resale Value
    Accent- FC is very good pero mahina daw pang-ilalim and korea car mababa Resale Value.

Altis and Civic- i dont have idea...

Malaki ba difference ng BNEW sa One year second hand car?

Hope you can help me... thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK ako dun sa Accent. The engine is strong and that's the most important factor. If you fear about the weak underpinnings, just give it more care like slowing down when encountering humps and potholes. Any car that is well cared for will serve you long and well. As for the brand new subcompact versus 2nd hand compact, if you can afford cars bought after Ondoy then it gives us more peace of mind. Personally, I'd go for the compact since I'm not one for small econobox cars no matter how good it may be. It all depends on your needs. Do you need the added power and space? If you do, I'd suggest you also broaden your view. There are lots of other good cars out there besides sedans. Ever considered CUVs, MPVs or SUVs?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    OK ako dun sa Accent. The engine is strong and that's the most important factor. If you fear about the weak underpinnings, just give it more care like slowing down when encountering humps and potholes. Any car that is well cared for will serve you long and well. As for the brand new subcompact versus 2nd hand compact, if you can afford cars bought after Ondoy then it gives us more peace of mind. Personally, I'd go for the compact since I'm not one for small econobox cars no matter how good it may be. It all depends on your needs. Do you need the added power and space? If you do, I'd suggest you also broaden your view. There are lots of other good cars out there besides sedans. Ever considered CUVs, MPVs or SUVs?
    Yung concern ko rin kasi sa mga korea car is resale value eh... anyway would you an SUV CUV MPVS will fit to 650K budget and since it will be under car plan it should be not more than 2 yrs old...

but if you will ask me i really like toyota altis but i am looking best possible option out in the market..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i'd go for the almost bnew 2nd hand civic or altis, more car for your money and really a class above.

for bnew, accent for me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ I'd go with a 2nd year or 3 year old Civic na lang. Mas bnag for the buck and as long as you bring it to a good mechanic and see it's service record, you have peace of mind.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Bnew sub-compact vs 2nd hand compact