New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    i already opened similar thread before.. this is it. i already got the cash on hand bibili na ko ng tsikot by the end of this month but still stuck and no definite idea on what unit to buy.

i already narrowed down my choices to

SENTRA
    Exalta - kung susuwertihin
    Lancer Pizza
    City
    Lynx

budget ko is around 150 - 170k

can somebody please explain the different Sentra Variant and its features.. also for the Lancer Pizza.
    which model is carburated once and which is EFI.. is it true na i should go for the non-carburated ones? please help mga tsikoters.. wala talaga akong masyado alam when it comes to Car.. dito ko lang halos lahat natutunan sa kakabasa ng foruums.. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely go for EFI already but be prepared to do some maintenance work to make sure it's running well; EFI engines will have some idling quirks as they age but usually, cleaning the throttle body/intake plenum, positive crankcase vent (PCV), the various sensors, and changing the HT wires and idle up mechanisms will give you good results.

* The Lancer Pizza, the 1.5L (GL/GLX) variants were carburated; this is strange since the model before that (itlog) already had EFI 1.5L engines.

* The Sentra Exalta, the 1.6L variants were the STA and SLA. The STA has more add-ons, notably the moonroof and leather seats. Check to ensure all electrical components (locks, windows, moonroof) are working well. If you want something efficient and you'll be city driving mostly, the manual transmission 1.4L EX Saloon is worth looking at also. Friends used to average 11-12km/L in city driving with theirs before and it still has good enough power for those highway trips.

Just keep your options open and look at several units; go for one in the best condition and preferably, being sold by a first owner and with a service history (not necessarily CASA maintained but the owner has his service receipts, details, etc).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rey piñoco View Post
    i already opened similar thread before.. this is it. i already got the cash on hand bibili na ko ng tsikot by the end of this month but still stuck and no definite idea on what unit to buy.

i already narrowed down my choices to

SENTRA
    Exalta - kung susuwertihin
    Lancer Pizza
    City
    Lynx

budget ko is around 150 - 170k

can somebody please explain the different Sentra Variant and its features.. also for the Lancer Pizza.
    which model is carburated once and which is EFI.. is it true na i should go for the non-carburated ones? please help mga tsikoters.. wala talaga akong masyado alam when it comes to Car.. dito ko lang halos lahat natutunan sa kakabasa ng foruums.. TIA
    eto yung thread mo bro..

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-buying-...ar-150k-85469/

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Goodluck sir sa makukuha mo unit, tingin tingin ka ng mga possible units,
    bring your trusted mechanic, para macheck ang engine,
    sa body naman, kaya mo naman sipatin yan kung okei na sayo,

tsaka silipin ang ilalim, kahit maganda ang paint, minsan hindi binibigyang pansin yung ilalim,
    lalo na yung mga walang undercoat, or may under coat pero tuklap tuklap na, pag may kinalawang and may butas na,
    lalo na chassis, papalatero mo agad yan.

goodluck ulit sir, and enjoy mo bago mo ride.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    TS, totoo bang rey pinoco pangalan mo? parang sounds like reypin nyo ako

Para di OT, maghanap ka ng sentra na super saloon pasok sa budget mo. 1.6 na efi yung goes 8kmpl sa city 10 kmpl naman sa hiway timing chain na din so less worry na baka may mapatid at masira sa makina. Maluwang pa para sa mga bitbit na gamit for your baby. A/T na din kunin mo para kung gusto matuto mag drive ng misis mo.
    Sa actual inspection ng unit check for leaks and kakaibang sound sa makina.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd prefer the Sentra but I'll go to whichever is maintained the best.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They are all good cars, just pick the one that is the newest and in the best condition that your budget will allow. I'd suggest you consider the Ford Lynx M/T and Exalta SLA M/T.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gti diba mahirap maghanap ng exalta na M/T hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ Not really... Most Exalta SLA's are M/T. Wala nga lang silang sunroof and leather seats. Here's one for 158k. Nissan Exalta 2000 SLA 1.6L manual | Cars for sale Taguig | AyosDito.ph

bibili na ko ng KOTSE!! help tsikoters.