New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ^ Not to be rude sir, but in what way does the mode of receiving the gas allowance matter? With the company shouldering 70% of the cost of a car, trying to squeeze more out of the situation would be asking for too much IMO. (not that I am against more perks, but what's offered already looks like a good deal)

No offence. Anyway, I'd go for the FD.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the Civic will be 'sardinas like' with 5 people on board. It's not wider by any great margin than the Jazz. Ok, so my daily driver back in the day was a 12 seater van so this may skew my opinion. hehehe.

I'd also like to mention that the Civic feels more 'substantial' than the Jazz. Probably due to better materials, more insulation, or a combination of both. On the road you can feel the added isolation and even in the way the doors and trunk close. These things are not found on the brochure but will make the difference when you interact with the vehicle on a daily basis.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the Civic will be 'sardinas like' with 5 people on board. It's not wider by any great margin than the Jazz. Ok, so my daily driver back in the day was a 12 seater van so this may skew my opinion. hehehe.

I'd also like to mention that the Civic feels more 'substantial' than the Jazz. Probably due to better materials, more insulation, or a combination of both. On the road you can feel the added isolation and even in the way the doors and trunk close. These things are not found on the brochure but will make the difference when you interact with the vehicle on a daily basis.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Civic na kase :-)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    both are good cars. for me, i would choose the jazz if:
    (1) the gas allowance is given in cash; or
    (2) the gas allowance is provided thru fleet card and the difference of monthly limit and actual consumption (if lower) is converted to cash.

it's just maximizing the available perks. just my opinion. thanks.

anyway, the 70% company share is a very nice car plan. but how about the maintenance cost?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Civic would be the better choice. Rides better than the lighter Jazz.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    ^ Not to be rude sir, but in what way does the mode of receiving the gas allowance matter? With the company shouldering 70% of the cost of a car, trying to squeeze more out of the situation would be asking for too much IMO. (not that I am against more perks, but what's offered already looks like a good deal)

No offence. Anyway, I'd go for the FD.
    Sir assuming that the gas allowance given is not that large ( ex. 2k ), there's a possibility na magaabono ka pa because of our current gas prices nowadays.

Now, pwede mo ma-lessen yung pang-aabono mo if you get a more economical car which is the Jazz
    [SIZE=1]( i believe na mas economical 'to vs. the Civic because it has a lower displacement and a much lighter body )[/SIZE]

Sa kabilang banda naman, if the gas allowance is large enough ( ex. 5k ) and given in cash, then pwede mo ito tipirin by using a more economical car so maiuuwi or maibubulsa mo pa ang tira dito assuming that it isn't a problem sa company ni TS.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Civic would be the better choice. Rides better than the lighter Jazz.
    Medyo stiff yung Civic and the seats are quite hard - comparing to the corolla Altis. But tolerable naman. Pero don't the Jazz have better seats than the Civic ?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If money isn't much of an object, take the Civic. As mentioned, it can be elegant and sporty at the same time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    In addition to civic, kahit 5 years from now sporty pa rin ang look nya. Imagine 70% i-shoulder ng company mo with gas pa. Konti na lang shellout mo dyan for gas and other maintenance. Resale value is also much higher than Jazz.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    This is the clincher for me since 70% company expense na rin, go for the higher costing vehicle IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Better Buy: Honda Civic or Honda Jazz? Your thoughts please.