New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Let me put it this way, it's like comparing apples to oranges but I need to know which is better - Honda Civic 1.8S or Honda Jazz 1.5V?

I've had my car (crv) entrusted to my sister for good and I'm in the hunt for a new ride. I have a deadline to meet and I need to make a decision this week on what to choose between the two. Honda is my choice - personal preference perse and the company that I work for is tied up with them plus Honda Spa is just a few blocks away from me which is very convenient on my part. I shortlisted these two in my list for the following reasons:

1. Civic FD 1.8S A/T or M/T (?) because it's the last of it's kind
    - final version / stable. Even if the new model is just around the corner, I've always preferred the one close to perfection of their kind - sporty yet elegant.

2. Jazz 1.5V because of the nice things I've heard about this car and "maybe" the last of it's kind as well after the facelift.
    - a little economical compared to FD but lacks the decency.

If you were in my shoe, what would you choose? Why?

Thanks in advance tsikoteers! Any feedback is highly appreciated. Kindly limit the choices to the two cars, no offense meant gentlemen of tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I think sir it will boil down to a few things:

1) your budget
    2) main use for the car (if with family and you carry baggages, go for civic since it has a large trunk)
    3) concern for fuel efficiency. Jazz is much more fuel efficient.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you would not need the extra space that the Civic is offering plus you would not mind having a hatchback and the absence of a digital speedometer then I`d pick the Jazz here then use the remaining money for a few modifications on the exterior, interior as well as for the engine ( yes, forget about the warranty. :hysterical: )

The Jazz is enough for a single man. It has enough space ( actually it's BIG ) for you to be able to boot up some things that you might bring along with you.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 25th, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Jazz is a 90% car, it can meet 90% of your automotive requirements. In terms of hauling, with the ULT rear seats, it can out-haul a Civic.

Content wise, they are pretty much even.

Between the two, the Jazz will work enough. Unless you need or want the formal lines of the sedan or you appreciate the extra cabin space.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Unless you need or want the formal lines of the sedan or you appreciate the extra cabin space.
    this is what I like about the FD. sporty but elegant - fits all ages.

Thanks everyone for the very prompt response! Appreciate it!

Budget is not really a problem as 70% of it will be shouldered by the company together with a monthly gas allowance. I've already driven both cars and I'm impressed with my experience. I'm a single man and I dont usually carry loads of stuff and baggage and I rarely go out of town - once a month i guess. What concerns me is the space for the passengers since I do have some people with me whenever I go home from work, shall I say "mga sumasabay pauwi" since they are also near my place, about 2-3 people and they are "not the normal size" pinoys . I also travel 45kms back and forth everyday - edsa route.

can the Jazz handle this? I saw my friend's jazz with 5 people inside including the driver and all i can say is "para silang sardinas"!

kidding aside, as sir renzo pointed out, this is something i like about the jazz get the jazz and mod it using the extra money (easy to mod, vast aftermarket parts) but is it worth it considering my daily routine?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sqt-clark View Post

Budget is not really a problem as 70% of it will be shouldered by the company together with a monthly gas allowance. I've already driven both cars and I'm impressed with my experience. I'm a single man and I dont usually carry loads of stuff and baggage and I rarely go out of town - once a month i guess. What concerns me is the space for the passengers since I do have some people with me whenever I go home from work, shall I say "mga sumasabay pauwi" since they are also near my place, about 2-3 people and they are "not the normal size" pinoys . I also travel 45kms back and forth everyday - edsa route.

can the Jazz handle this? I saw my friend's jazz with 5 people inside including the driver and all i can say is "para silang sardinas"!

kidding aside, as sir renzo pointed out, this is something i like about the jazz get the jazz and mod it using the extra money (easy to mod, vast aftermarket parts) but is it worth it considering my daily routine?
    Since your still a single Jazz would be a good option. But since 70% of budget will shoulder by your company together with a gas, sa Civic ka na bro. Ayaw mo naman siguro mapahiya sa mga 'not the normal size' pinoy na sasabay sa'yo? What if magyaya yan ng lunch sa Shangri-la? Yung parking dun medyo hirap. With civic you don't need to worry about the power. Not saying di kaya ng Jazz, pero iba na yung sigurado
    Last edited by Battlestar; April 25th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sqt-clark View Post

Hitchers. Haha. Ayaw mo yun, the lesser space you have the lesser people will go ride with you !

Oh by the way, I own an FD. `07 Manual to be exact. Mixed driving is about 11km/L, that's with frequent 3k RPM shifting. Pure city & pure highway, never had the chance to compute it, sorry.

Here's my point. If the FD can reach 11km/L, what more can a Honda Jazz do or reach ?

Anyways, if a jazz can handle 90kms every single day, yes, it can. Actually it's easier to drive compared to the Civic as the Jazz is smaller it can maneuver easily. Cut. And drive through small spaces.

BTW, whatever you do, you wont see the hood of the Civic if you're inside the cabin. Not sure with the Jazz.

Well maybe unless your height is like 6'4 ? Nyahaha

If a modded Jazz can take up your daily routine. Definitely. Power for the Jazz is there. Paddle shifts are a plus.

Both cars have a long list of modifications that you can install. Some of them like the Unichip, can actually give you more HP, more TORQUE and better FC. But in the past 5 years I'm tired of seeing FD's on the road already. So it's either you consider a different car ( READ : Lancer EX 2.0L ) or you just stick with the Jazz which just came out last '08 AND just recently received a " look refreshment ". Hehe
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 25th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I have a hunch na FD talaga ang gusto. It seems like a win-win situation naman if you choose either car(both are great cars for city driving), so just get what you really want. IMO if you get what you really want, you'll never really have to look back. With the company shouldering 70% of the cost and gas allowance, this makes it an easier decision.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question is, kung in cash ba ibinibigay ang gas allowance ? :hysterical:

And how much.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question is, kung in cash ba ibinibigay ang gas allowance ? :hysterical:

And how much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Better Buy: Honda Civic or Honda Jazz? Your thoughts please.