New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Get the full-size sedan.

Personally, hatch is nice as a secondary car or a daily drive for the wife.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    *renzo_d10

Yes sir I get your point there. Money saved would definitely be good money when used for good purpose afterwards. But what bothers me is that money saved would most likely be used for mods/aftermarket parts for the Jazz. So the "saving" would then defeat its purpose. Anyway you'd probably save more, driving the stock Jazz economically, rather than driving a modded Jazz economically.

Quote Originally Posted by sqt-clark View Post
    kidding aside, as sir renzo pointed out, this is something i like about the jazz get the jazz and mod it using the extra money (easy to mod, vast aftermarket parts) but is it worth it considering my daily routine?
    Really, if economy is such a concern then why spend it on aftermarket parts(provided the mods are usual IHE + unichip, or even heavy body kits) just to make an economy car less economical? Yes performance improves, but for the money, you sure are getting a bad deal in terms of "economy". Gives you problems pa sa warranty.

In the end, yes no one can stop you from getting some mods but thats when the FD shines, it would just look and perform better when modded vs a modded jazz.

I'm not against mods or anything but asking for more perks just to satisfy less important things(mods - in the company's point of view) seems patay gutom to me.(Sorry for the term, but I can't describe it better than that)

Point taken tho sir renzo. Just stating mine, and no offense to anyone!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post

Really, if economy is such a concern then why spend it on aftermarket parts(provided the mods are usual IHE + unichip, or even heavy body kits) just to make an economy car less economical? Yes performance improves, but for the money, you sure are getting a bad deal in terms of "economy". Gives you problems pa sa warranty
    Actually, a K&N filter and a Unichip improves your vehicle economy plus your vehicles power.

So if ever you need that a little burst of speed, it's just gonna be around the corner.

Some bodykits lessen the drag in order to, again, improve vehicle's economy. More drag kasi eh mas maraming wind ang lumalaban sa kotse mo at high speeds. Hence, mas kailangan ng burst of power to attain your top limit.

In the end, yes no one can stop you from getting some mods but thats when the FD shines, it would just look and perform better when modded vs a modded jazz.

Yep. But again, like what I said ... 5 years na yung FD. I myself eh nagsasawa na sa FD namin.
    Hehehe.

And it will be soon enough replaced. Unlike the Jazz 3 years pa lang and just recently received a refreshment. Kaya mas maganda. Plus it's rarer too.

Point taken tho sir renzo. Just stating mine, and no offense to anyone!

no offense taken sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I appreciate all the feedback tsikoteers! With all the sensible thoughts you've shared, makes me want to get both cars (i wish!).

Just to clarify some things about the perks, 70% of the SRP to be handled by the company, 6k fixed monthly gas allowance (reimbursable with receipts) and maintenance cost + excess of 6k gas is mine (average fc = 5k/mo on my previous CRV). These are the benefits of being a loyal employee, but of course, with additional years to stay to compensate the perks. Let me put it this way, Jazz is additional 2 years with the company or Civic with additional 3 years in the company. I'm happy with the company right now but no one knows if I'll still be in a couple of years, things and people change.

As I am reading this thread, makes me think that this is a battle of the ages! I'm already in my mid-30's and I know some of you as well or maybe more and I pressumed sir renzo is somewhere in the 20's (correct me if i'm wrong sir).

Any additional feedback is again highly appreciated as I am set to file the papers by Friday. Much thanks to all of you..mabuhay po kayo!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sqt-clark View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback tsikoteers! With all the sensible thoughts you've shared, makes me want to get both cars (i wish!).

Haha. Yes. That's the feeling you get when you're torn between two cars.

Just to clarify some things about the perks, 70% of the SRP to be handled by the company, 6k fixed monthly gas allowance (reimbursable with receipts) and maintenance cost + excess of 6k gas is mine (average fc = 5k/mo on my previous CRV)

Assuming that you travel 90kms per day ( or 45kms back and forth na yun ? ), 5 times/week that's about 450kms per week. Again, assuming that the FD [SIZE=1]( based on my experience ) [/SIZE]will top up * 10km/L [SIZE=1]( which I really doubt if used around the city )[/SIZE] you will be using roughly 45L of gasoline every single week. With the price of gasoline nowadays, 45x57 = 2.5k++ that means you will be spending 2.5k worth of gasoline weekly. That still excludes the side trips that you will be making.

Kahit na 45kms back & forth na yun, 6k is not enough. You will be spending around 5200 worth of gasoline para lang sa office trips. Is 800 enough for your monthly trip to the province and weekly trips to the malls etc. etc. No.

If you're gonna use the Jazz, there will be a possibility that you're gonna even top up * 11km/L on purely city - ( coz the Altis can reach 10km/L. And that thing is heavier and its displacement is 1.6L ) ... Probably even more if used properly ( maintain speed * 80kph and A/C at level one )

Oh btw, I remembered that I computed for my city driving using the FD before. 7km/L during the Christmas rush hours.

. These are the benefits of being a loyal employee, but of course, with additional years to stay to compensate the perks. Let me put it this way, Jazz is additional 2 years with the company or Civic with additional 3 years in the company. I'm happy with the company right now but no one knows if I'll still be in a couple of years, things and people change.

Hmmmm. Yep, it's better if you're tied on your company for the least years you can with the reasons you have stated. People change. RULES change. Bosses might change too. Baka yung 6k/month biglang maglaho yan ( knock on wood )

As I am reading this thread, makes me think that this is a battle of the ages! I'm already in my mid-30's and I know some of you as well or maybe more and I pressumed sir renzo is somewhere in the 20's (correct me if i'm wrong sir).

May tama ka. :taunt: hahaha

Any additional feedback is again highly appreciated as I am set to file the papers by Friday. Much thanks to all of you..mabuhay po kayo!

Goodluck sir !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Better Buy: Honda Civic or Honda Jazz? Your thoughts please.