New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jerjer&qtqt View Post
    Camaro is a chevrolet. wouldn't you want one?
    Is it the price? parts availability or just the brand?

*TS
    Maganda ang Honda City and Mazda2. If you can wait for it, Ford Fiesta.
    i just saw a Mazda 2 at school a while ago and it does look good!:D but they only have in A/T and it is quite pricey. when is the Ford Fiesta coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Jazz and City (assuming current models) aren't that small.

I would suggest the Hyundai i10 as a good choice. My only complaint is the rubbery feel of the M/T transmission shifter.
    Yun nga rin po kasi sabi ng dad ko if we want the jazz, he might just get us the city instead since it's cheaper and bigger. Pero as much as possible i want a small car kasi the car i drive now is a midsize sedan and the gas consumption is killing me.

Sorry po pero ano po yung 'rubbery' feel?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyboi View Post
    i suggest bro the chevy spark.... definitely compact yet spacious inside... youll never go wrong with it.
    babae po akooo.. haha

SUPER THANK YOU SA LAHAT NG NAGREREPLY :D

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you can put up with the small rear seat, the i10 is the best car for 500k or under. Quality and refinement are far and away much better than most of the competition.

The Getz is the best value for money from amongst the major manufacturers, since the 1.1 can be had for supermini money, even though the cabin space isn't much less than the Honda/Toyota Jazz/Yaris. It's not as nice as the i10, but it's much bigger inside.

If you're going for cars around 700+... the Jazz and Mazda2 are amongst the top choices. The Yaris is better value for money due to the discounts, though.
    so getz po or yung i10? halos same naman po sila ng price so which do you think ang mas sulit?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blee728 View Post
    Yun nga rin po kasi sabi ng dad ko if we want the jazz, he might just get us the city instead since it's cheaper and bigger. Pero as much as possible i want a small car kasi the car i drive now is a midsize sedan and the gas consumption is killing me.
    You can look at the Suzuki Celerio. It has a 1.0L engine and seats four people. The list price is P528K. I have driven it in the M/T version. It might not be the fastest thing on the road but it handles well and it is rather cute.

The interior surprisingly feels not as bare as in the Suzuki Alto.

Sorry po pero ano po yung 'rubbery' feel?
    The "feel" in the M/T shifter should be "solid". The rubbery context refers to the feel being made of rubber bands. If you get to drive more cars, you'll know what I mean.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 24th, 2010 at 01:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blee728 View Post
    so getz po or yung i10? halos same naman po sila ng price so which do you think ang mas sulit?
    The i10 is a better car

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Chevy Spark.

It's a chevrolet.

I hope that almost everyone knows what I mean.
    [SIZE=1]no offense meant to chevy spark and other chevy owners. [/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by jerjer&qtqt View Post
    Camaro is a chevrolet. wouldn't you want one?
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ I would use the Camaro. But the spark, optra, aveo is different.

Price ? It's not about it. The price is low. It's cheap.

Parts availability ? Yup. One cause.

Brand ? Yes, somewhat. Low resale value, very hard to maintain -, expensive. Not worth it.
    I think the Spark is one of those revised Daewoos like the Optra and the Aveo. The Spark very much reminds you of the Daewoo Matiz.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    OT pero just to be sure, diba SUB compact yung classification nung car choices ni TS and pag sinabing compact civic,altis, lancer yun?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not just sub-compact. They're technically super-minis...

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I think the Spark is one of those revised Daewoos like the Optra and the Aveo. The Spark very much reminds you of the Daewoo Matiz.
    The Spark is a Daewoo Matiz. It's only slightly modified from the 1998 (Imagine... 12 years old now...) car. Crash protection is a bit better now, (at least it no longer gets a measly 1 star on the EuroNCAP) but it's still an ancient car underneath.

It's almost mechanically identical to the Chery QQ, which is a clone of the older Matiz built on parts sourced from Daewoo suppliers left in the lurch after Daewoo's collapse.

I wouldn't say that I don't like the Spark because it's a Chevy... it's more accurate to say that I don't particularly like it because it's a Daewoo...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    subcompact sedans? i10.

Celerio is priced close to i10 but build is too ugly. Manual windows in the rear and rear seat space good only for children? Just too small.

Jazz, Yaris, Swift, Picanto are all good but too pricey. Of the four, the Swift is the nicest and the Jazz the most popular.

Spark, QQ, Benni, Aveo, Alto, etc. save your money instead for a better car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12