New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Mga sir!

Ano po kaya ang pinaka best buy na 2nd hand car? My budget is 250K po. Gusto ko po sana is A/T. Nahihirapan kasi yung paa ko sa clutch due to an injury.

Any make will do, wag lang po yung mga Korean Cars...Takot pa ko bili ng korean cars eh... Hehehe

Yung pogi car na kagad at madaling ayusan. I'll be graduating this March, and ipaparegalo ko sana from my parents.

Salamat mga Bossing!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Corolla Lovelife and Civic EK comes into mind... Some newer Nissan Sentras might work.

And no Korean cars are no longer bad but yeah I guess in your case with your budget they could be bad pa since 90's pa yung car makukuha with that budget...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try to consider 2000-01 Nissan Exalta STA. Very nice interior in its class. Automatic transmission, equipped with sunroof, ABS, all wheel disc brakes.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Your choices would be ...

The corolla lovelife.

The Civic EK's.

The Sentra's.

The Lancer's.

Prices ? Some hit 250k, some might be higher by 20k while some, are lower. Not lower that 200k tho'.

BTW, allot another 50k more for the repairs etc. So if you only have that 250k in hand and nothing to spare. Better to find a vehicle that is 200k AND BELOW.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Don't get the Lancer with that budget malamang pizza pie yan. Bad suspension take it from me a former owner!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Civic EK sana pero do set aside money for preventive maintenance: timing belt, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter (except kung reusable), hiten wires, drive belts, and labor. Aircon freon din baka kulang na. Baka tires din kung medyo kalbo na nung binili mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Getting a 1998 model EK would set you back roughly 250k. That means you won't have much left for repairs, which all cars this age are sure to need.

A late-model 1995 EG ESi Civic would be cheaper, and the money you'll save will be enough for a few mods. However, repairs would be more costly too since it's an older model.

An AE101 would be nice too. Lotsa parts. Parts availability is important for old cars like these. Good space, nice engine (torquey but not as powerful on peak power as the Honda engines).

A B14 Sentra is nice, but parts break down easily. We had one for a time, it had a chronic clutch problem, a broken down reverse gear, and a hot headed engine that keeps on overheating.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Mga sir! Salamat sa mga reply...

Huhuhu mukhang kailangan pang mag-save...

Parang masyadong luma na kasi kapag mga 90's model. Kahit late 90's...

Haaay...

Salamat po uli

Best 2nd hand car for under 250k