New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand car with a possible budget of P140,000 to P150,000....

Can you guys give me the best unit that I can get within this budget?

I'm currently looking at the Toyota Corolla XE and GLI, Nissan Sentra Series 3/4, FE and EX....or possibly a Mitsubishi Lancer GL

Hopefully nasa 97-98 model ang makuha ko

I need your opinions on this guys.....Any referrals? The best place I where I can buy 2nd hand units?

Btw......What are the signs na binaha ang isang car? Kasi nagaalala din ako since kadadaan lang ni Ondoy right?

Thanks mga pare

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Looking at the cars that are turned into taxis may help you decide.
    Taxi operators want cars that are practical, economical and
    relatively easier to maintain. I assume that's what you want also

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest a 1996 to 1998 Nissan Sentra 1.4L or 1.6L (series 3). Buying the M/T version would save you some cash or let you buy a more "younger" unit and avoid the potential headache & expense of an aging A/T that is starting to fail due to age.

You can potentially get a good deal by checking out Nissan Sentra Club forums where a member or two might be selling their cherished rides because of growing family needs, etc.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But don;t get one that used to be a taxi !

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try to look for 1996-98 Nissan Sentra Series 3 1.6L, preferably from first hand owners. Or look at Buy and Sell Magazine, Manila Bulletin Classified Ads Sunday edition. Arrange for a test drive in case you found one that suits your budget.

The Best 2nd Hand Car that I Can Buy for 150k