New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I recommend the 06-07 Honda Civic FD. Very good resale value, great power and a fuel consumption around 9kms/liter for the 1.8 A/T.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Para sakin honda civic fd.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    *GTi
    Yes, sir. First car. I think I'll still go for AT, as my main reason for wanting a car is to have a much comfortable means of transport. Btw, thanks for the links, I forgot looking at ayosdito when I was scouting for cars in the past few days.

*EuroFD && dondonposadas
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also checking the FDs but I'm worrying about maintenance cost, and also FC(from what I've read, a higher engine displacement means more power but also more gas consumed.).

____
    Singit ko narin mga sir, When buying a 2nd hand car, what are the usual things to check without seeing the car yet(like km, mods,nth ownership, etc) and upon seeing the car(like scratches, aircon, smoke emission?, actual drive, etc.). Of course, I'd still bring my dad and probably a mechanic with me.

Another singit, For Honda City, 08< or >09? I'm seeing IDSI engine on the 08 and I-VTEC on 09. My initial googling showed i-vtec is a better choice but only a little.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I'm having the same dilemma a few months back. My budget was also 450k. I'm planning to use the car/suv/auv to transport me from our home (Santa Rosa, Laguna) to my work (Dasmariñas, Cavite) via Governor's Drive (roughly 55km back and forth). At first, gusto ko ng diesel since puro uphill yung daan and hindi ganun kagandahan yung kalsada- daming lubak at maliliit na bato na tumatalsik. I'm considering an Isuzu Crosswind, or Suzuki Jimny (gas) para talagang pang harabas. kaso parang nakakapagod i-drive at saka redundant na since we have an Isuzu Alterra na as a family vehicle. Binata pa naman ako at saka fresh grad pa lang para mag-maintain ng malaking sasakyan. hehe... Then, punta ako sa sedan. my options were: Civic V, Vios E, 9th gen Altis E, Picanto LX, Suzuki Swift.

Muntik ko nang kunin yung Civic V dahil sa porma pero naisip ko yung gas expenses pati yung maintenance. hehe... Masyadong maliit sa akin yung 1.1 engine ng Picanto and we used to have a 2005 1.6G Altis before- ayoko ng paulit ulit. That's why i ended up with a 2008 2nd gen Vios. very frugal and cheap to maintain. so far ok naman siya. natagalan niya yung sama ng kalsada ng governor's drive. hindi rin ako bitin sa akyatan. nakakatakbo ako ng 80-90km/h paakyat sa Governor's. hindi pa takaw tingin compared sa Civic hehe (minsan naiiwanan ko yung mga spare na cellular phone ko sa lobb pag nasa mall).

to TS: If it is just an econobox, a Vios will suffice. If you want something flashier, Civic FD FTW!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    *GTi
    Yes, sir. First car. I think I'll still go for AT, as my main reason for wanting a car is to have a much comfortable means of transport. Btw, thanks for the links, I forgot looking at ayosdito when I was scouting for cars in the past few days.

*EuroFD && dondonposadas
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also checking the FDs but I'm worrying about maintenance cost, and also FC(from what I've read, a higher engine displacement means more power but also more gas consumed.).

____
    Singit ko narin mga sir, When buying a 2nd hand car, what are the usual things to check without seeing the car yet(like km, mods,nth ownership, etc) and upon seeing the car(like scratches, aircon, smoke emission?, actual drive, etc.). Of course, I'd still bring my dad and probably a mechanic with me.

Another singit, For Honda City, 08< or >09? I'm seeing IDSI engine on the 08 and I-VTEC on 09. My initial googling showed i-vtec is a better choice but only a little.
    I normally prefer scouting in Ayosdito since the site is much faster than sulit.

For a 2008 and below City, get only the manual variants since the CVT is known to be prone to premature failure.

Since comfort ang habol mo, I suppose the City will do nicely. Interior fit and finish is much better than the Vios and so are space and performance.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks GTi, I think this affirms my initial choice of getting a City A/T. I'll now start researching on City 09(problems and issues) and finding car postings on various media.

Thanks guys.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    exactly how do you intend to use it? basic transport? weekend racing? symbolo de estado? beauty contest entry? today's cars can very well fill up your basic needs. it's a matter of how much else you want from it..
    for basic use, vios or city are there..
    dr d,

it will primarily be used as basic transport - to and from office on weekdays, and city driving on weekends...i guess my primary concern after is maintenance cost. porma siguro is just a bonus

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroFD View Post
    I recommend the 06-07 Honda Civic FD. Very good resale value, great power and a fuel consumption around 9kms/liter for the 1.8 A/T.
    hi euroFD, im quite curious with the FD actually...but i heard it has high maintenance cost?

also, would you recommend the 1.8 s or 1.8 v version? im assuming there will also be a difference in terms of maintenance costs in the future.

thanks sir

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    Hi Sirs,

I also have the same question as d_rookie12 (I hope you won't mind if I piggyback on your thread, and I hope, we also share the same needs so the gurus here, can answer us both without going to 2 different topics).

400-500k Sedan for almost daily driving cavite-makati area (60kms - balikan).
    Priorities:
    - AT
    - good FC
    - Less than 3-4yrs (>2008)
    - Looks
    - Maintenance
    - 3rd hand resale value??? (only planning to use it for 3yrs.)

Btw, I'm also a first time driver/first car. Large guy, around 6 foot tall, so I also need to consider leg/head room in both driver and back seat.

As of now, I currently looking at Honda City instead of Vios as I find City's looks as much better than Vios'.

Other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
    no problem bro goodluck with your carhunt as well!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    hi euroFD, im quite curious with the FD actually...but i heard it has high maintenance cost?

also, would you recommend the 1.8 s or 1.8 v version? im assuming there will also be a difference in terms of maintenance costs in the future.

thanks sir
    Most definitely the 1.8S would be better since the 1.8V is kinda bare. Early models had no airbags and, I think, no ABS/EBD as well. Although that would probably also mean lesser maintenance costs. Maintenance costs shouldn't be too much. Definitely pricier than the typical Toyota but still not too much to be a boring a hole in your pocket. Maintenance intervals are 10000kms in between so it'll soften the impact. Since the FD is out for a long time already, parts should be readily available everywhere and the cost would be going down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
best 2nd hand car for 450k budget