New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzegetakizerd View Post
    I think they'll follow the year model. 2016
    Ah okay. So it is really the car age not when the car started running. That explains also why there are car dealers offering huge discount for 2 or 3yrs ago car model.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Ah okay. So it is really the car age not when the car started running. That explains also why there are car dealers offering huge discount for 2 or 3yrs ago car model.

I don't really check ads from car dealers since they usually get big profits from the cars they sell. But for some that I've seen, they advertise the price as compared with brand new, like its a discount, even if what your seeing is just the depreciated value. There is really no "discount" per se.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    When buying a 2nd hand for example the year model is 2016 as indicated in the car registration. But it was purchase on let say May 2017 as indicated in the c.r. and o.r. date. So the car is 2016 or 2017? and when applying for car insurance which year will they follow?
    this is my opinion.

in the CR of cars purchased brand new, there is a small square in it, asking for the car's year model.
    i do not know what they type in, if the car being purchased as new, was in fact manufactured one year ago.
    i am assuming, they type in the current year of transaction. medyo relaxed kasi ang manufacturer's interpretation of "year model".
    but we all know the car is already a one-year old. "new old stock". heh heh.
    this probably occurs when the car is purchased near the end or the start of the new year.
    the so-called "2016 model, purchased 2017" car that advertisers enticingly announce.
    the insurance folks will follow the clock, based on the year the car was initially purchased as new, even if it was manufactured one year before.

for used cars, the CR should have the car's year model or, if we have to follow the CR when brand new, that original CR's year.

this little loophole is what some car importers use.
    they import 10 year old cars from abroad.
    but as this in-fact-old-car is going to be registered for the first time in our country, the CR will put this current year today, as the year, even as it had already been in use for 10 years, abroad.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 20th, 2020 at 05:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    this is my opinion.

it's a 2016 model car, purchased new in 2017.
    the CR does not say when the car initially hit the showroom. it will indicate only the year the car was first purchased as new.
    the dealer will flount it as a 2017 model car, but we all know it's a 2016 design.

the insurance folks will follow the clock, based on the date it was originally purchased as new (which is 2017).
    they'll follow what is written in the CR, iirc. What does the LTO put in the "year model" cell of the CR? Is it the purchase year? I get confused because my second hand car CR has 2009 written, but was initially registered in 2010.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    this is my opinion.

it's a 2016 model car, purchased new in 2017.
    the CR does not say when the car initially hit the showroom. it will indicate only the year the car was first purchased as new.
    the dealer will flount it as a 2017 model car, but we all know it's a 2016 design.

the insurance folks will follow the clock, based on the date it was originally purchased as new (which is 2017).
    Okay. I think car insurance company can best answer this as they are the expert on this field. Im asking this because insurance company might tag it as a 2016 model hence lowering the car premium.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Okay. I think car insurance company can best answer this as they are the expert on this field. Im asking this because insurance company might tag it as a 2016 model hence lowering the car premium.

they must tag it as the same year as your registration. Heaven forbid you file for damage claim and the registration and policy do not match. Chances are denied ang claim mo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

some of these used car dealers have connections or agreements with casas and mortgage banks.
    they get first dibbs on re-mated cars and cars traded in for new models.
    industry depreciation on one or two year old cars is huge.
    that is why, these used car dealers can offer significant discounts.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    some of these used car dealers have connections or agreements with casas and mortgage banks.
    they get first dibbs on re-mated cars and cars traded in for new models.
    industry depreciation on one or two year old cars is huge.
    that is why, these used car dealers can offer significant discounts.
    Actually when I was searching for a car I came to chat with a honda agent he told that they a 2017 model new unused vehicle from their plant and is offering me 0 dp and 15k for 5yrs or a huge cash discount around 200k discount for this particular model as they will be bringing in new model and might need to sell it asap.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Actually when I was searching for a car I came to chat with a honda agent he told that they a 2017 model new unused vehicle from their plant and is offering me 0 dp and 15k for 5yrs or a huge cash discount around 200k discount for this particular model as they will be bringing in new model and might need to sell it asap.

kung diesel innova yan, sinunggaban ko na yan.
    but as it's a honda....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I have a 2014 purchased vehicle but the OR CR was issued 2015 by LTO, so the initial insurance coverage says its a 2015 model vehicle and it covers the year from purchase 2014-2015.

I think in my case, the dealer intentionally advanced the year model in anticipation for the long wait at LTO. Another probability is dealers have an option what YM to declare since they're the ones holding docs of the inventory. I was also able to claim from insurance on the succeeding years.