New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I have a 2014 purchased vehicle but the OR CR was issued 2015 by LTO, so the initial insurance coverage says its a 2015 model vehicle and it covers the year from purchase 2014-2015.

I think in my case, the dealer intentionally advanced the year model in anticipation for the long wait at LTO. Another probability is dealers have an option what YM to declare since they're the ones holding docs of the inventory. I was also able to claim from insurance on the succeeding years.
    Isn't it that when you purchased a brand new vehicle you should have it registered within 5 days? Let say today May 21, 2020 you purchased a vehicle so your c.r. / o.r. should at least indicate May 22 - 26, 2020.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Isn't it that when you purchased a brand new vehicle you should have it registered within 5 days? Let say today May 21, 2020 you purchased a vehicle so your c.r. / o.r. should at least indicate May 22 - 26, 2020.

Not the owner but the dealership.

Registration in 7 days is ideally the law but reality is far from it. If you bought a new car within the past decade, you will know this.

My latest car was delivered april 2019. Registered around july, plates arrived november and details are nowhere to be found in the LTO database.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

My latest car was delivered april 2019. Registered around july, plates arrived november and details are nowhere to be found in the LTO database.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    although my plates were released to me, several months after my brand-new purchase,
    i had to go to the LTO, three years after brand new purchase, and request them to enter my car into their database.
    hindi kasi ma-process ng emissions testing facility dahil hindi mahanap ang aking sasakyan sa LTO database...
    why i had to request them... why this is not automatically done... i do not know.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 21st, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I just don't understand why it is not encoded in the LTO database it should be the job of the dealership right? Its hassle that you have to bring your car to LTO.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I just don't understand why it is not encoded in the LTO database it should be the job of the dealership right? Its hassle that you have to bring your car to LTO.

i agree.
    considering we paid for "computer work". it's in the OR (comp. fee).
    dapat ay otomatik na ito.

a few years ago, i had to request for it.
    it am not sure if it is already automatically done now.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Kinda similar situation with TS. I hope ok lang i-hijack ang thread.

Kakabenta lang ng luma naming kotse at naghahanap kami ng replacement. Naglelean ako ngayon sa mga subcompact hatchbacks specifically Jazz and Yaris. Karamihan ng nakikita kong Jazz sa ganitong budget ay around 2009-2013 (gen 2). Yung mga yaris naman ay around 2009 and below pero below 300k lang naman. May ilan akong nakitang recent Yaris. Yung isa nga ang top choice ko: 2015, MT, 28k mileage. Ang problema lang nasa QC siya; taga Batangas kami. Ayaw ng kuya ko dahil hassle daw dahil malayo at kailangan pa ng travel pass atsaka hindi kami sure baka nabaha daw yun. May isa naman na 2014, AT, 56k mileage sa Calamba lang. Comparable ba yung value ng 2014/2015 Yaris sa 2009-2013 na Jazz? Yung mga Jazz kasi, within Batangas lang. Kung kayo papipiliin?

Most of the time ako lang naman ang sakay, minsan may +1 or +2, occasionally +4/5. Kaya gusto ko maliit lang pero flexible din kung sakaling kailangan ng malaking cargo space. Mas ok ba na mag sedan na lang? Mas madami kasi mga City/Vios around the area. Pero nakakahinayang din naman yung trunk space na hindi naman lagi nagagamit tapos potential gas savings pa. How about other hatchbacks tulad ng Mazda 2, Accent etc.? Iniisip ko rin kasi yung future repairs/maintenance kaya nag stick ako sa Toyota/Honda. Anong advice nyo mga maam/sir?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualWanderer View Post

Kakabenta lang ng luma naming kotse at naghahanap kami ng replacement. Naglelean ako ngayon sa mga subcompact hatchbacks specifically Jazz and Yaris. Karamihan ng nakikita kong Jazz sa ganitong budget ay around 2009-2013 (gen 2). Yung mga yaris naman ay around 2009 and below pero below 300k lang naman. May ilan akong nakitang recent Yaris. Yung isa nga ang top choice ko: 2015, MT, 28k mileage. Ang problema lang nasa QC siya; taga Batangas kami. Ayaw ng kuya ko dahil hassle daw dahil malayo at kailangan pa ng travel pass atsaka hindi kami sure baka nabaha daw yun. May isa naman na 2014, AT, 56k mileage sa Calamba lang. Comparable ba yung value ng 2014/2015 Yaris sa 2009-2013 na Jazz? Yung mga Jazz kasi, within Batangas lang. Kung kayo papipiliin?

Most of the time ako lang naman ang sakay, minsan may +1 or +2, occasionally +4/5. Kaya gusto ko maliit lang pero flexible din kung sakaling kailangan ng malaking cargo space. Mas ok ba na mag sedan na lang? Mas madami kasi mga City/Vios around the area. Pero nakakahinayang din naman yung trunk space na hindi naman lagi nagagamit tapos potential gas savings pa. How about other hatchbacks tulad ng Mazda 2, Accent etc.? Iniisip ko rin kasi yung future repairs/maintenance kaya nag stick ako sa Toyota/Honda. Anong advice nyo mga maam/sir?
    much of your concerns, depends on three important factors:
    1. condition.
    2. condition.
    3. condition.

go view the cars, po.
    anything else is guesswork.

prubinsya?
    get a sedan, po.
    maraming mabibilis na bus sa prubinsya.
    that rear trunk will come in handy, in the event of a rear-ender.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualWanderer View Post

Like in the other thread, I won't advise a USED CVT. If I were looking for a sub hatch, the gen2 Jazz, Gen2 Yaris( both '13 & older are either ATs or MTs), & the Skyactiv Mazda2 would be the top choices.
    Again, as doc said, check the general condition of each you've narrowed & take it from there.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Hi Guys I was planning to buy a 2011 Honda CRV the problem is I saw that there are high oil consumption problems on it due to faulty piston rings meron pa nga daw nangyaring recall/extended warranty eh. how much po kaya magpagawa ng piston rings ng honda CRV?

Should I opt out to buy a CX-5 o even a RAV4?

Thank you your feedback will be of great help

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    much of your concerns, depends on three important factors:
    1. condition.
    2. condition.
    3. condition.

go view the cars, po.
    anything else is guesswork.
    agree ako dito...

You're looking at a 5-10 year old car.