New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=1]hi everyone...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]i'm currently looking for a second hand car worth 170K and below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]i'm choosing between[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]1996 toyota corona [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]OR a 1994 honda civic hatchback. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]i[/SIZE][SIZE=1] was also thinking about a 1979 MB. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]can anyone help me choose which car would be the best buy?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]or if you have any other suggestions or if you know any other car within that price range (170K and below) suggestions are welcome.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]thanks! [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally, i like the corona. pero, if you are the person who wants his car to really look good, the civic hb is a good choice. mas madaming accessories. the corona is more of an executive car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    gusto ko nga rin executive car mas maraming features... mas bago pa ng 2 yrs. accessories nga lang mas marami hatchback..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    honda sir. mas matipid sa gas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's your priorities? space? comfort? At that price i'd lean on a Corona... the Benz would depend if you can find one that was maintained properly.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    for that price, dapat exec style sedans na, mas comfortable at spacious at hindi mukhang ricerboy. but talo ka lang sa gas...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Honda Hatch. almost endless possibilities with this car!

Have you consider, the corolla series (ae101, ae 111) and the Civic ESi and Lancer (95-97)?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the corona is the more comfortable and spacious car.and it's less ubiquitous my '93 gives me 7-8 kilometers to a liter, medyo malakas, pero it's worth the comfort and stability of the car

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yup, i think i know how you feel. it would all depend on what's more important sa'yo bro...

if you want comfort, go for the corona. sarap and madali i-drive to. plus if hook up with the right club, they can help customize the car in a lot of different ways din. personally i love the euro version of this car. yun dapat balak ko dati. mdyo malakas nga lng sa gas kaya i had to give up mine. mas importante kse beer money s'kin e. hehehe....

if you want endless possibilities, sa civic hb o kya esi. the big body corolla and lancer are also good choices. dami tlga pwedeng gawin sa mga to. plus side is marami kng mahahanap n ganitong models still in very good condition. they are very easy to maintain and tipid pa sa gas. i now drive my 3rd esi, just trying out a different set up nmn

pro kng maximum pogi points habol mo, go for the MB. if you do it right, you'll earn a lot respect and a LOT of "attention"( hopefully from the cuter ones of the opposite ***) hehehe.... if you can find one in very good condition. yung nga lng older cars need a lot of attention and care. but if you think you're up to the task, it will be worth it...

gudluck bro, whatever you decide, just remember that ur ride will be a reflection of who you are...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    toyota corona...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
best 2nd hand car for 170K below?