New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    2005 diesel innova since new.
    107K and still no non-body repairs, except for shocks and tires.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L V6 bought in 2005.

Engine and transmission? No component replacement yet. Just preventive maintenance.

A lot spent on the front suspension and front fascia repair because we hit a deer at high speed back in 2012. Insurance covered the costs.

I spent $2k this year on the right front and engine (anti-vibration) suspension. I think they are related to the deer hit. But, they were harder to prove four years after the fact. Plus, the car has a lot of mileage. Oh well. Sucked it up and now, the car runs great once more even though it has 179K+ miles (288k+ km).

The costs to repair the deer hit damage was more than twice the resale value of the car.

We're planning to replace it with either a crossover or minivan. Something with another V6. I'm not a big fan of this trend of using 4-cylinder turbos for people movers, especially with the way I drive.

I had fun with it. Drove it in searing deserts with temperatures hitting 120 F (49C) and frigid winters with temperatures dipping to -40F (-40C). It's been driven on rough roads and snow-dumped roads. Decent acceleration, good torque with sub-7 seconds 0-60 mph. Although I've never done it, there are YT videos showing 3.3L Sonatas hitting 150 mph like this guy who hit 152 mph (245 kph). Not bad for a grandpa car.

Sonata 152 mph top speed (27) - YouTube

Me driving the Sonata in snow. I would never attempt this on a car with no stability control. At 5:02, I passed a car and it was crawling along at 5, maybe 10 mph, while I was running along at 25-35 mph.

Typical Driving in Winter - YouTube
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 17th, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123