New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    but new honda citys and jazzs have only D and S... no D3,2 and L so no engine braking.. you'll depend on the "grade-logic" of the system which is a challenge.
    This might only be true for the models with paddle shifters. The ones w/o, still retain the 1,2,D3 modes.

1.3s din d at s lang..will recheck again...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Updates!

We still haven't bought a car.

My cousin from Ford is offering us a 9-month old unit, with 4k mileage for around 570k. This is through their CVDP.

My parents are going to get the Focus if it's still available. I haven't heard from them yet as I'm in the dormitory and kanina lang ata sila nakapagusap ulit. ).

If not, we're torn between the Lancer and the Vios. My dad is sure he wants the Lancer over the Vios E but then he's considering the Vios J.

Aside from the COMPLETE safety features of the Lancer, what can I tell him to show him that the price difference (638k, discounted price vs. 590k) of around 48k is really worth it?

Thanks so much for your inputs!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd take the Lancer over the Vios J. Nothing beats no ABS/EBD, airbag (or lack thereof), and the BLACK PLASTIC for side mirrors/door handles and at the back of the trunk (haha).

Don't get the Focus unless its a turbodiesel unit. Eats gas if its a petrol unit, and kinda small at the back for a larger hatch. I've also *HEARD* (u gotta do research) that some parts just start dying off and breaking after some time.

The Lancer CVT is proven, so no worries there. Mas malaki rin ng konte so it's up to the small details and more of personal preference. Medyo old model lang nga yung body, but again some people dont find that so revolting.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, yeah. The Lancer is still better than the Vios J / E. Aside from it's safety features such as airbags etc. The body is just way way bigger. The engine bay is also bigger so that means it's going to be easier to maintain it by yourself. But well, the lancer has cons also, as what I have READ and HEARD. Here are the cons, well you can live with it though

• [SIZE=3]The GLS CVT variants has slow a slow acceleration. Not sure with the GLX.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]The stiff suspension of the lancer[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=3]There has been claims that the engine sound is BAD to the point that one owner is comparing it to diesel engines[/SIZE]

Well, that's what I know, for now.

Hmm. About the focus. Be sure that the TDCi variant. The petrol drinks A LOT of gas, so if the focus that you're referring to is the petrol variant be sure to stack up money for its gas consumption. The TDCi variant's fc not bad though, it's reasonable, there's nothing to worry about.

BUY THE CAR THAT STRIKES YOUR HEART THE MOST.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    * after11years - sent you pm.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I will get the Rio over the Vios J anytime.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    More updates!

We're getting the Lancer! Hopefully within next week siguro. Possibly, Tuesday. Yung kausap namin sa Diamond QA said three days after confirmation, makukuha na daw yung kotse. How true could that be?!?.

Saan maganda yung dealership? We live around the Manila area kasi, so preferably malapit, pero sana maganda yung service. Thanks talaga!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    More updates!
    Yung kausap namin sa Diamond QA said three days after confirmation, makukuha na daw yung kotse. How true could that be?!?.
    Could be very quick, lalo kapag in stock yung color/variant.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    But then sabi nung ahente they'll get it delivered to the dealership pa, tapos may quality inspection thing. Kaya ba yan talaga in three days? I know medyo konti lang ang nakakarealize ng value for money ng Lancer, pero baka three days is like an impossible, pa-impress estimate. Eh black pa naman kukunin namin. One of the most common

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Any viable alternatives to Vios 1.3E?