New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I agree the Lexus has built a reputation in the states for reliability. But in the PI where buying a 3-4M car means you want to flaunt something na and rightfully so, IMO a BMW or a Merc is still best way to go. Mas madali pa maintenance parts IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If yoy want reliability and durability, just buy a Toyota Alphard at 2.5m. It's as fast as an IS300 (bigger engine, 6-speed AT, accelerates like a bat out of hell) and the interior is nicer. And it seats seven.

The Z4 isn't bad, but ride quality is questionable and the interior has always seemed plasticky and cramped to me. I can find no valid reason to buy a four-cylinder Z4 over a Mazda MX-5, either in terms of driving fun or quality.

If you want something actually sporty for your 3-4m... forget the fully stripped 3-series, C-Class and A4s... and buy the damn Volvo S60 T6. Drives beautifully. Tons of grip thanks to wide, low-profile tires. Terrific braking. Tons of traction thanks to AWD. And a twin-turbo V6 that punts out 300 hp. The steering is pretty good for a mid-sized car, the six-speed paddle shifter is decently responsive even if the automatic isn't a dual clutch, and the added features are unbeatable at any price... Everything inside is wrapped in black leather... it's posher than the compacts all the other "luxury" makers sell in the class... and, oh... it has a real, useable back seat...

You can also get 300 hp in the Hyundai Genesis V6 sedan, but that's more of a cheap S-Class / Lexus LS alternative than a sports-car. The Genesis V6 Coupe doesn't handle as well as the S60 (yes, it doesn't) and the Evo and STi both ride like skateboards in comparison.

Of course... if pure, unadulterated adrenaline are the only stipulations, the WRX STi (just not the crappy automatic variant) and the Mitsubishi Evo (fantastic dual-clutch automatic) are your best bets.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    i beg to differ, My bro agrees that the my IS 6 cylinder engine runs better than his A4 Tdi. but interior wise, the A4 is better.
    The interior of the IS is fairly cramped im 5'5 and big boned but i fit snugly... but for larger people i woudnt recommend it...
    but still it looks good and a hoot to drive
    I agree with your statement here. The IS300 would've sucked big time if it is outrun by a 2.0L four cylinder turbo diesel A4. But of course, if we were talking about the A4 with the 3.2FSI V6, that would be entirely different. The Volvo S60 is a very good package, but I don't know why the wild looks just doesn't appeal to me. It just doesn't have that clean cut, understated elegance and sportiness I've always liked with Audi's. Just my own opinion though.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ako kung hindi kaya BMW or Merc, Evo X na noh! (overpriced kasi Porsche eh). Wala na kasunod yan, the best collectors item. (maybe not, may TME eh hehe)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ako kung hindi kaya BMW or Merc, Evo X na noh! (overpriced kasi Porsche eh). Wala na kasunod yan, the best collectors item. (maybe not, may TME eh hehe)
    No love for the Subbie? hehehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    No love for the Subbie? hehehe
    mas mahal parts afaik eh.

Tsaka mas gusto ko lang design wise.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    To the TS, why not check the certified pre-owned cars sold by Audi, BMX and CATS, you might find a unit to your liking. Our SA in CATS was offering us a M Class with less than 3k mileage with a almost a million of the SRP. Was used for demo purposes but is backed by a full dealer warranty. Sayang got snapped up immediately.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    To the TS, why not check the certified pre-owned cars sold by Audi, BMX and CATS, you might find a unit to your liking. Our SA in CATS was offering us a M Class with less than 3k mileage with a almost a million of the SRP. Was used for demo purposes but is backed by a full dealer warranty. Sayang got snapped up immediately.
    Suwerte naman ng nakabili. With full warranty naman pala. ALthough meron small dents and scratches yan pero nothing too serious IMO. P1M is still like a brandnew subcompact TOTL!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    Sorry typo should be BMW

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You might want to state your purpose or use to narrow down the choices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
any recommendation for 3-4m car?