New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    at first i was thinking of selling my scooby but i received some offers to just swap. To date, i have 3 offers. One, a 2000 audi a4; two, a 1997 bmw 320i and third, 1996 c220 merc. Do i just hold out and wait for a cash offer or snag the swap? What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on the condition of the car. Will it give you more headaches than your current ride? European cars are notorious here for having expensive maintenance costs, and a very small parts supply. Assuming that all three are problem-free cars, I'd spring for the Audi if I am 100% positive of a reliable parts supply and a mechanic knows how to fix it. Otherwise, I'd go for the BMW. But then, do scout around for others. There may be more that are worth your while.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mahirap yan kung di mo alam history nung ibang kotse.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Just had a look at the audi and its a far cry from the stature of the forester i have, so thats not an option anymore. also i noticed among other posts of for sale cars that the bmw 320i 1997 model just goes for 250k now and its a 100k difference. and i now am not sure if i even want to see the benz anymore. the subaru that i have now has absolutely no issues to date. so am thinking i may as well just sell it for cash. well unless, i get more offers to swap with anyway. are there any? ;)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ever thought of getting a 2nd hand Japanese midsize sedan? At similar prices, a well kept unit offers more comfort and better performance than a typical Euro compact. Not to mention you get better parts supply, and you most likely won't encounter a mechanic who would scratch his head when you bring the car over for servicing. An Accord or Camry 3.0V6 sell for just 400+k.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hmm...point well taken. Thanks, will look into that.:2thumbsup:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'm seeing a lot of A4 circa (99-00s) with busted trannys (errrr... 'sliding' tranny) for sale. Be cautious of that.

If you really wanna get a Euro sedan, I suggest you step up to an E46 3 series.

Am thinking of swapping my 2001 forester to another ride...suggestions?