New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    A subcompact will never have a better suspension than a compact.

Its an afforsable small suv after all. The price is justified for the space you get. Its still sub 1m with an automatic transmission with 7 seats.

Most reviews praise the brv including owners.

You're the only basher so far.
    I am only stating my opinion. Just because others have high praises for the BRV doesnt mean I have to agree with them. The Threadstarter wanted an advise so I gave him an honest opinion. See below...

1. Car should be powerful enough for high areas (location ko po kasi is at Antipolo) --> TheBRV doesnt have enough power especially with 5 passengers let alone 7 . Believe me I know, I own one. So lets not kid oursleves and pretend it is because its not.
    2. Will be carrying 2-4 passengers(excluding driver), w/ baby/ies ---> A sedan can do this even if its not an Altis.

And no its not an SUV. Its a 7 seater Crossover and it has a different suspension than a Midsize SUV so get your facts straight.
    We can argue all day with the price if it is justifiable or not. For you it may be, but for me it is not.
    Am I the only one bashing the BRV ? No I am not bashing the BRV. I am just stating the obvious and based on my experience.
    I have a question for you though... Are you from Honda ? Just kidding lol...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm never a fan of these small crossovers. For its price, a compact car would more appealing to me. If you do plan to buy the top of the line models if these small crossovers, a midtrim CUV is a much better buy.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    A subcompact will never have a better suspension than a compact.

Its an afforsable small suv after all. The price is justified for the space you get. Its still sub 1m with an automatic transmission with 7 seats.

Most reviews praise the brv including owners.

You're the only basher so far.
    So far... ayos and smooth ang ride ng BRV namin! walang pagsisisi! ayos na ayos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by harbingerx View Post
    I am only stating my opinion. Just because others have high praises for the BRV doesnt mean I have to agree with them. The Threadstarter wanted an advise so I gave him an honest opinion. See below...

1. Car should be powerful enough for high areas (location ko po kasi is at Antipolo) --> TheBRV doesnt have enough power especially with 5 passengers let alone 7 . Believe me I know, I own one. So lets not kid oursleves and pretend it is because its not.
    2. Will be carrying 2-4 passengers(excluding driver), w/ baby/ies ---> A sedan can do this even if its not an Altis.

And no its not an SUV. Its a 7 seater Crossover and it has a different suspension than a Midsize SUV so get your facts straight.
    We can argue all day with the price if it is justifiable or not. For you it may be, but for me it is not.
    Am I the only one bashing the BRV ? No I am not bashing the BRV. I am just stating the obvious and based on my experience.
    I have a question for you though... Are you from Honda ? Just kidding lol...
    Umuuwi ako ng Antipolo every weekend with 7 passengers at the back seat.. for me hindi naman hirap si BRV. triny din namin sa Tagaytay na may 5 adult, Ok din naman wala kami narinig na nahirapan po ang makina. based lang din po sa experience ko yan

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for ordinary driving, most cars are adequate, even for hilly roads.
    it is only when one brings it racing (against one's own patience, sometimes), or when one "challenges the other motorist's carburator", do the car's "limitations" get noticed. heck, "there is always another car out there, that is faster than mine"!
    i have a minicar. i get bullied on the road, small cc motorcycles do overtake me, even some tricycles have successfully challenged me. but that's fine. i'm not in a hurry because the aircon is good, the manibela, light, and ted faylon is so entertaining.
    sedans generally offer a better ride over other types, because they ride lower on the road, and because of their longer wheelbase.

we can type our experience here. but to challenge another's experience, saying it is wrong... how can one's experiential perception be wrong to himself?
    we each have our own unique automotive expectations.

my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 11th, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

"there is always another car out there, that is faster than mine"!
    Yep, very true! Be man enough to take it and not feel bad when somebody passes you with ease.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Honest opinion lang and mas maganda din na alam ng threadstarter lahat ng pros and cons. I agree wag tayo mag barahan hehe at the end of the day kanya kanya pa din preference yan

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by harbingerx View Post
    I own both an 11th gen Toyota corolla Altis and a honda BRV. IMO the Altis is way better in terms of comfort, ride and quality. The BRV interior is full of cheap hard plastic. The doors and car body is so thin and light you would wonder if this is really made with cheap materials. Also it is so underpowered you can hear the engine drone with rejection when carrying just 5 people aboard. The only reason I bought it is because my wife loves it. Groan... Sigh.. If I have my way I would never buy it. For a 989k price . this is a rip off. Also lets not kid ourselves saying the BRV has larger space because its not. It just has a 3rd row seat which can fit 2 small children. Try an adult and they will complain of cramp space. Fold the 3rd row seats and you get a hatchback on "stilts" lol ! Do yourselves a favor and buy a Subaru XV , Mazda CX3 or Chevy trax instead. If you really want a good 7 seater, then go buy a Midsize SUV. If you are short on budget, then go ahead and buy the BRV. Hopefully you wont regret it.
    Although I dont own an altis and BRV, I understand what he is trying to say. The stuff he said on the BRV are relative to the altis or a vehicle that's even better. Underpowered maybe compared to the altis. But if you look at the BRV individually without any comparison, then BRV's power would be adequate. In my experience, when I got the 2.5 MUX, I was satisfied with the power and also get annoyed when someone in the thread says its underpowered but then when I drove other vehicles in its class, that's when I understood by what they meant by underpowered. Understand that he is comparing two vehicles, not just the BRV alone and let's respect harbingerx's opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123