New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Get the Vios. The car has the best bang for your buck IMHO. Do not aspire for cars that have engines smaller than 1300 cc. I just don't see 1 liter or lower engines surviving the long haul.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    It's rude to claim a person to be a troll. Who knows if it's true? Who knows if it's false? But what I know is that claiming somebody to be a troll is rude in the forums. I already read his past posts and it seems like he pretty much posts like the 90% of the rest here in Tsikot.
    Oh right, I remember you, you used the word "irresponsible" from the Vios thread.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aDD_L View Post
    Oh right, I remember you, you used the word "irresponsible" from the Vios thread.
    Yes I did in order to dissuade even more drivers from simply slapping HIDs on their halogen "projectors" and driving out on the road.

So what does that have to do with this thread? Labo lang.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Yes I did in order to dissuade even more drivers from simply slapping HIDs on their halogen "projectors" and driving out on the road.

So what does that have to do with this thread? Labo lang.
    Just trying to deduce and understand your reply about my "troll" comment. Anyway, just like you, I call it as it is, as I see it.

*curiosus, the new fiesta's HB look is now even better. So I think it's really gonna boil down to what you really want/need. Suggestion ko, test drive it both. Here's the Vios specs on the rear of brochure.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aDD_L View Post
    Just trying to deduce and understand your reply about my "troll" comment. Anyway, just like you, I call it as it is, as I see it.
    Problem is, I never name-called. I simply stated that drivers who simply slap on their HIDs to halogen housings were irresponsible drivers. I still scratch my head on what caused the misunderstanding of my phrasing when it was deliberately made to apply to all. But as the forumer said, let bygones be bygones and continue on.

On the other hand, you're directly accusing Wishing here of being a troll and provoking a response in turn by encouraging him to "prove" his remarks. Truth be told, that's flamebaiting in forum speak.

Look, I'm not red.. nor a green so it's not my call. I'm simply your idiot orange forumer masquerading around the forums. If I'm being nosy, I apologize to the mods involved. Habits are hard to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Get the Vios. The car has the best bang for your buck IMHO. Do not aspire for cars that have engines smaller than 1300 cc. I just don't see 1 liter or lower engines surviving the long haul.
    +1 for this. However, thanks to emissions regulations, many car manufacturers are already downsizing. In fact, many are in favor of smaller engines then turbocharging it for more power. As Add_L stated, Ford's 1.0L Ecoboost is an example. It's a >1000cc engine but it's doing 120 something bhp I believe. Thanks to its turbocharging, peak torque is achieved at a relatively low RPM so the driver won't really feel the lack of grunt coming from the small displacement.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 7th, 2013 at 02:30 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

By long haul, I meant 5-10 years down the road.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123