New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^TBH I believe the so called "SUA issues" are merely negligence/ignorance or stupidity on the part of the driver. Of the so many relatives and friends I have who own Montero's, they are all still perfectly safe today.

Now the GLX uses the old school wastegate turbo as compared to the fancy variable geometry turbos found in the GLS-V as well as the Everest and Fortuner. In short, this means it is quite sluggish at launch. At 136hp it is definitely no slouch once the boost kicks in, but the Everest and Fortuner can certainly do better. If you're a slow driver, this should not be an issue. Having driven the Strada (basically a Montero with a pickup bed) on a long term basis, some minor gripes I have include the rather cheap-looking and hard plastics, lack of ingress grab handles, small-ish cupholders (I really like the cupholders placed beneath the dashboard air vents found in the Fortuner), handbrake on the far side of the transmission tunnel... Though I do appreciate the ride quality, excellent performance of the VGT engine (though still with significant turbo lag) and the touchscreen multimedia system which includes functions like GPS, TPMS, compass, thermometer, fuel consumption, etc.

I still can't answer for you. But if it was me, I'd go for a slightly older Everest 4x4, and then mod the hell out of it. 😁

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTi; December 13th, 2016 at 12:14 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^TBH I believe the so called "SUA issues" are merely negligence/ignorance or stupidity on the part of the driver. Of the so many relatives and friends I have who own Montero's, they are all still perfectly safe today.

Now the GLX uses the old school wastegate turbo as compared to the fancy variable geometry turbos found in the GLS-V as well as the Everest and Fortuner. In short, this means it is quite sluggish at launch. At 136hp it is definitely no slouch once the boost kicks in, but the Everest and Fortuner can certainly do better. If you're a slow driver, this should not be an issue. Having driven the Strada (basically a Montero with a pickup bed) on a long term basis, some minor gripes I have include the rather cheap-looking and hard plastics, lack of ingress grab handles, small-ish cupholders (I really like the cupholders placed beneath the dashboard air vents found in the Fortuner), handbrake on the far side of the transmission tunnel... Though I do appreciate the ride quality, excellent performance of the VGT engine (though still with significant turbo lag) and the touchscreen multimedia system which includes functions like GPS, TPMS, compass, thermometer, fuel consumption, etc.

I still can't answer for you. But if it was me, I'd go for a slightly older Everest 4x4, and then mod the hell out of it. 😁

Yung montero lang po ba yung nag ooffer ng gps touch screen? Wala po ba nun yung everest tiyaka fortuner?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil31 View Post
    Di po siya gagamitin dito sa manila. Actually dun po sa Catanduanes

i'd buy a car who has a dealership where i am going to use it in.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'd buy a car who has a dealership where i am going to use it in.
    Di ko po magets.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What the good doctor meant was that your choice of car should have a source of spare parts and mechanics who know how to work with it in your area.

The Montero offers it as standard equipment while it is only optional in the Everest. Later Fortuners came with a standard touchscreen HU, not sure if it has GPS.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Ahhh ok po. Maraming Salamat po mr.GTi at sa lahat ng nagbigay ng kanilang mga opinion, nakatulong po ito ng marami saamin. Thanks everyone!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may gps ang 2015 everest pero walang program at maps na kasama, so WALA.

bakit need mo pa ng gps e di ba sabi mo sa catanduanes gagamitin. di mo kabisado roads sa lugar nyo?

anyway, basta huwag ka bibili ng china na brand. dami na nagsisi sa made in china na kotse. mura nga madali naman masira. at walang mabilhan ng pyesa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not familiar with Catanduanes but my thought is to first check with the service shops and centers in the area to see what vehicles can be serviced and repaired there. See if they have capability to service CRDis (or at least if you can easily barge out a car when in need).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa oLX ko din nakuha ung tsikot ko..basta hanapin mo ung direct buyer ..ibig sabihin kayo lang dalawa ng mismong may ari ang mag uusap at kung saan mo pwedeng makita ung unit niya.magdala ka din ng mekaniko para ma check niya kung ok pa ung unit.at ang pinaka importante check mo sa LTO kung may alarm ..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456