New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think you should also consider the exclusivity factor in deciding a chick magnet ride, masyado na maraming Honda City sa road. (Honda sold around 8000 of them last year).

Upcoming Mazda 2 Sedan can go head to head with either Vios and the City in features and even fuel economy. You get the legendary Mazda superior handling. For 785k for the 1.5AT or if you wanna go 725k for the MT sedan is a steal.

Also watch out for another 800lb gorilla named Ford Fiesta that might change the entire b-segment market altogether. My only wish? TURBODIESEL.

Last edited by daimengrui; February 5th, 2010 at 11:53 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vps9280 View Post
    saer, are you a Level D/C in a company I know with this benefit? :D
    pwede din TL/STL

The price of the 1.5 city could get you a compact sedan. Altis 1.6G M/T or the Mazda 3 (you could get a really good deal they give a very huge discount right now, probably clearing out old stocks paving way for the 2010 mazda 3). The comfort and stability of a compact beats that of a sub compact

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0st777 View Post
    pwede din TL/STL
    OT: Wala na STL, AM na yon, Isn't that company retrenching? , Anyway Mazda 3 should be a steal these days because the new model is coming up. Q3 2010 I suppose.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    OT: Wala na STL, AM na yon, Isn't that company retrenching? , Anyway Mazda 3 should be a steal these days because the new model is coming up. Q3 2010 I suppose.
    Although this is the case, problem with mazda3 is that it's a gas guzzler. For a 1.6, i read somewhere that it can only go for as much as 8 km/ltr for city driving. (Mine is a lancer 1.6 and my lowest fc is 8.9 for city driving.)

With 800k budget, just go with a civic,city,altis, lancer or a sentra.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0st777 View Post
    pwede din TL/STL

The price of the 1.5 city could get you a compact sedan. Altis 1.6G M/T or the Mazda 3 (you could get a really good deal they give a very huge discount right now, probably clearing out old stocks paving way for the 2010 mazda 3). The comfort and stability of a compact beats that of a sub compact
    Masyado yatang obvious company ko. Nag redundancy last time but now hiring uli...

Anyway, worried lang ako sa fuel consumption ng Mazda and resale value nya. Have to research more.

Ang hirap mag decide , need to consider a lot of things. Pati diesel cars kinokonsider ko na ngayon like the accent especially Hilux... masculine, diesel, pwede gamitin sa negosyo someday dahil pickup nga sya, pero pang family man na ang dating, not sure kung chick magnet

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charm View Post
    Hi all, newbie here… don’t know much about the terminologies, the specs etc. heck I don’t even know the types, the brand, the make, not until now that I’m doing research (and still struggling). That’s how innocent I am with cars.

‘Coz for me cars = LIABILITY.

I’ve been a big fan of “saving money”, long term investments, pera mo palaguin mo – Colayco etc. So even if I have the means to buy a car, I rather invest my money on mutual funds etc. But at this point in my life it seems that buying a new car is more of a necessity than a mere want (still single and not getting any younger ). Below are my primary motives in buying a car.

• Improve my lifestyle to get more options and opportunity of meeting new people (esp. women ) and experience more out of life (e.g. travel, adventures, social gatherings that I usually don’t go to because of the hassles of commuting etc.).
    • Going to work (pasig to makati), it’s not the traffic that I hate, it’s the waiting for a taxi, FX, bus during rush hours… I literally hate it! :furious: Grrrr….

With the above, my choice of car should be

• A chick magnet. Dapat masculine ang dating and stylish.
    • Fuel efficient (They say mas matipid ang 1.5 kesa sa 1.3?)
    • High resale value after 5 years. (They say Honda cars are better than Toyota when it comes to resale?).
    • Should be worth its price (700k – 800k)
    • Automatic

Can you please recommend a model, brand, color, etc. And what other things should I be looking for (given my above needs). I’m currently really considering a Honda City… may 2010 na ba? Ano pinagkaiba niya sa 2009 model. Here’s a quotation I got from Honda Makati this January… weird 2009 ang binigay, parang may 2010 na bagong labas.

MODEL SRP
    Honda City
    2009 1.3A M/T (with abs) 686,000
    2009 1.3 S MT (with airbags, abs) 726,000
    2009 1.3S AT (with airbags, abs ) 766,000
    2009 1.5E AT (with airbags, abs) 816,000
    Comparing 1.5E and 1.3S, is the 50K price difference worth it? Konti nalang 1.6 Altis G A/T na.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey dude, try mo yung Promo namin sa Mazda Alabang yung low dp na 99k All-in for Mazda 3 1.6L S, monthly is 17,647 much cheaper for a 1.6L Sedan. If interested, you may contact me at 09275015378 or at 027104906.... thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi all, newbie here… don’t know much about the terminologies, the specs etc. heck I don’t even know the types, the brand, the make, not until now that I’m doing research (and still struggling). That’s how innocent I am with cars.

‘Coz for me cars = LIABILITY.

I’ve been a big fan of “saving money”, long term investments, pera mo palaguin mo – Colayco etc. So even if I have the means to buy a car, I rather invest my money on mutual funds etc. But at this point in my life it seems that buying a new car is more of a necessity than a mere want (still single and not getting any younger ). Below are my primary motives in buying a car.

• Improve my lifestyle to get more options and opportunity of meeting new people (esp. women ) and experience more out of life (e.g. travel, adventures, social gatherings that I usually don’t go to because of the hassles of commuting etc.).
    • Going to work (pasig to makati), it’s not the traffic that I hate, it’s the waiting for a taxi, FX, bus during rush hours… I literally hate it! :furious: Grrrr….

With the above, my choice of car should be

• A chick magnet. Dapat masculine ang dating and stylish.
    • Fuel efficient (They say mas matipid ang 1.5 kesa sa 1.3?)
    • High resale value after 5 years. (They say Honda cars are better than Toyota when it comes to resale?).
    • Should be worth its price (700k – 800k)
    • Automatic

Can you please recommend a model, brand, color, etc. And what other things should I be looking for (given my above needs). I’m currently really considering a Honda City… may 2010 na ba? Ano pinagkaiba niya sa 2009 model. Here’s a quotation I got from Honda Makati this January… weird 2009 ang binigay, parang may 2010 na bagong labas.

MODEL SRP
    Honda City
    2009 1.3A M/T (with abs) 686,000
    2009 1.3 S MT (with airbags, abs) 726,000
    2009 1.3S AT (with airbags, abs ) 766,000
    2009 1.5E AT (with airbags, abs) 816,000
    Comparing 1.5E and 1.3S, is the 50K price difference worth it? Konti nalang 1.6 Altis G A/T na.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey dude, try mo yung Promo namin sa Mazda Alabang yung low dp na 99k All-in for Mazda 3 1.6L S, monthly is 17,647 much cheaper for a 1.6L Sedan. If interested, you may contact me at 09275015378 or at 027104906.... thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Masyado yatang obvious company ko. Nag redundancy last time but now hiring uli...

Anyway, worried lang ako sa fuel consumption ng Mazda and resale value nya. Have to research more.

Ang hirap mag decide , need to consider a lot of things. Pati diesel cars kinokonsider ko na ngayon like the accent especially Hilux... masculine, diesel, pwede gamitin sa negosyo someday dahil pickup nga sya, pero pang family man na ang dating, not sure kung chick magnet
    When it comes to fuel consumption ng lahat ng Mazda Cars, sa tingin ko nasa driving habit and kung saan at gaano kalayo ang tinatakbo ng mazda pero wala pa naman nagreklamo so far with the fuel consumption ng Mazda. Anyways, Kung preferred mo yung Sedan I would suggest na you go with Mazda 3 now if you preferred stylish, superior aerodynamic performance, extremely sporty and fuel efficient din then go for MAZDA 2 hatch. We challenge you to test drive our Mazda 2 so you'll feel the difference and para ma prove namin yung Features, Advantage and Benefits having Mazda.

You may call me at 09275015378, 02-7104906 for schedule of test drive or visit us in Mazda Alabang and look for Jaja. Thanks... and God bless

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    ^ Medyo hindi naman huma-hard sell ito. Haha. Ilang thread na yan. ) Fighting spirit!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Actually bawal yan ginagawa nya... nagtataka nga ako di pa nababan yan eh. Where is GH when you need him

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Advice Pls.: Buying a car for a Dummy Like Me