New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrikez View Post
    Test drive mo din yung Mazda 2 Sedan, pasok din yung sa budget mo. Maganda ang takbo at malakas ang hatak nya, di ko lang masyadong naihataw sa Filinvest kasi bitin yung daan. Pero bisita ka sa Mazda Alabang at pwede doon makapagtest drive,
    hi sir enrikez, di q natestdrive yung mazda 2, pero nakita q na, medyo masikip yung loob eh. Tsaka ok ba ang mazda na brand? di masyado kita sa daan eh. Ang layo po ng Alabang, haha. Pag may time, try q ulit tignan...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Tama lang naman, gaano ba kalalaki yung isasakay mo? magtest-drive ka muna at yan ang pinaka-importante, actually di ko pa masasagot kung ok talaga ang Mazda pero madami naman ako nakikita na Mazda 3 sa daan at CX-7. Sa palagay ko ok naman yung Mazda na brand, ang gusto ko pala yung Mazda 2 na Hatch kasi meron na ako Sedan(Honda City 2008). Basta kung bibili ka ng kotse kailangan itestdrive mo,

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrikez View Post
    Tama lang naman, gaano ba kalalaki yung isasakay mo? magtest-drive ka muna at yan ang pinaka-importante, actually di ko pa masasagot kung ok talaga ang Mazda pero madami naman ako nakikita na Mazda 3 sa daan at CX-7. Sa palagay ko ok naman yung Mazda na brand, ang gusto ko pala yung Mazda 2 na Hatch kasi meron na ako Sedan(Honda City 2008). Basta kung bibili ka ng kotse kailangan itestdrive mo,
    thanks sir enrikez, tatry q ulit tanunging yung sa honda, automatic lang kasi ang meron nila pang test drive eh. pero medyo kampante naman aq sa brand ng honda... ayun... thanks pa dn.

If you can consider a Toyota Vios, it's a good option. But I wouldn't consider the Fiesta or the Mazda2.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the two options, I'm leaning towards the Fiesta (specifically on the Trend models) simply because it can absorb all our road imperfections. 1.6 Trend engines have Hill-Assist which is great for the wife, hehehe.

I'd also consider the Suzuki SX4 kung naliliitan kayo sa Swift. Medyo pricey sya but affordable yung promo nila ngayon (I heard nasa 18k all-in promo daw sya). Basically, the SX4 is supposedly an 2.0L AWD car (hence the name SX4) with CVT which is, in my opinion, what it should be considering its price tag. Kaya siguro nag-promo sila, hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    If you can consider a Toyota Vios, it's a good option. But I wouldn't consider the Fiesta or the Mazda2.
    Y? what's wrong with either the fiesta or mazda2?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Given the two options, I'm leaning towards the Fiesta (specifically on the Trend models) simply because it can absorb all our road imperfections. 1.6 Trend engines have Hill-Assist which is great for the wife, hehehe.

I'd also consider the Suzuki SX4 kung naliliitan kayo sa Swift. Medyo pricey sya but affordable yung promo nila ngayon (I heard nasa 18k all-in promo daw sya). Basically, the SX4 is supposedly an 2.0L AWD car (hence the name SX4) with CVT which is, in my opinion, what it should be considering its price tag. Kaya siguro nag-promo sila, hehehe.
    Pricey yet pretty yung sx4 kaso straight payment cash po ang nais kong gawin so the promo would not be of use to me. Kaunti lang sobra aq nakikita na sx4 sa kalsada eh. Tsaka konti din lang branches ng suzuki... but thanks though, i will try to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by fejilex898 View Post
    Y? what's wrong with either the fiesta or mazda2?
    I didn't like the Fiesta, and always had troubles with Ford engines in compact cars. And since the Mazda2 shares its platform with the Fiesta I prefer to also avoid it.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Mazda 2 and the Fiesta do not share the same engine. But yes, the Mada 2 isn't exactly at the top of the subcompact list. I'd still prefer, if possible, a Hyundai Accent 1.4GL M/T with all the features of the A/T variant.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Mazda 2 and the Fiesta do not share the same engine.
    Not the same engine, but same floorpan, suspension, brakes and so. And an uncle of mine had a rollover with a previous-gen Fiesta some years ago due to a wheel hub failure back in 2005, and it was a 2004 model, almost new.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advice for a Newbie in Buying My First Car: Fiesta or City or Others?