New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    good day to all of you..i need to buy a car but my budget is only 60k pesos..any suggestions po on what car to buy?and where to buy it?my mother in law is coming home this april and gusto po nya makabili agad before april 9..thanks in advance po mga sir and maam.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dwyre08 View Post
    good day to all of you..i need to buy a car but my budget is only 60k pesos..any suggestions po on what car to buy?and where to buy it?my mother in law is coming home this april and gusto po nya makabili agad before april 9..thanks in advance po mga sir and maam.
    sagad na ba yung budget sir? there is no or really rare good cars around that budget. im thinkin of lancer boxtype or owner type jeeps. or the classic old beetle(then restore).

if you can make your budget on the 100k- 120k border, you can get atleast a 1990 corolla. still fresh and running smooth. dame pang ganyan

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    sagad na ba yung budget sir? there is no or really rare good cars around that budget. im thinkin of lancer boxtype or owner type jeeps. or the classic old beetle(then restore).

if you can make your budget on the 100k- 120k border, you can get atleast a 1990 corolla. still fresh and running smooth. dame pang ganyan

--hmmm, ganon po ba sir?im thinking about that model nga po sir or mitsubishi po na model 89 - 92 sana..where can i find cheap cars po ba?im from la union po but im working here in laguna..thanks for the reply by the way..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    30k will buy you a late 70s lancer, corolla, corona, galant. maybe even less. sa kalumaan nila you can buy a running condition car of that era for the price of a new nokia.

tingin tingin ka sa sulit.com o kaya sa mga newspaper. pag inspect mo nung unit, check to see the following:

1. umaandar ba at pino ang tunog ng makina?
    2. umaandar ba at malamig ang aircon?
    3. humihinto ba pag na-preno? test drive mo muna.
    4. dapat hindi nag ooverheat pagtapos ng test drive.
    5. butas ba ang sahig? pag butas gawa ng kalawang wag mo bilin.

sa budget mo kasi wala talaga early 90s model ka na makukuha. ex-taxi na kia pride siguro pero mas sira pa mga yun.

yung kalampag at mga sira sira na interior ok lang yan madali yan ayusin, pati yung mga maliliit na bagay sa kotse and pintura. importante, safe ang biyahe mo at hindi ka nababasa ng ulan o kaya tumitirik sa daan. check mo lang yun 5 na binigay ko sa taas oks na yan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    --hmmm, ganon po ba sir?im thinking about that model nga po sir or mitsubishi po na model 89 - 92 sana..where can i find cheap cars po ba?im from la union po but im working here in laguna..thanks for the reply by the way..
    these cars are somehow hard to find for sale. because of its age i think. you can try to look at buy and sell cars magazine at your local grocery. or search from the internet.

anyways, if you find something, be sure its running and in its good condition. maintenance/parts is not an issue somehow because of its age, its been in the market since the Jurassic age. but im sure about this though. year by year, auto supplies/shops decrease their supplies of these models because the market is decreasing also.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    * sir voltscastillo - thanks po sa advice sir, appreciate it so much.. if ever naman po may makikita ako, may kasama po akong mekaniko to look at the car.

* sir aejhayl17 - ganon po ba sir? i tried looking at ayosdito.com pero to no avail nga po,la akong magustuhan na swak sa budget..

if ever po 100k ang budget ko, what will you suggest po na bibilhin ko? we need a car po kasi because of our new born baby, eh malayo po yung house namin sa province sa hospital..kawawa naman po kasi yung anak ko, tricycle lang sinasakyan, dami ng nalalanghap na alikabok..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung 100k, pwede na yung small body Corolla (89-92)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008

if ever po 100k ang budget ko, what will you suggest po na bibilhin ko? we need a car po kasi because of our new born baby, eh malayo po yung house namin sa province sa hospital..kawawa naman po kasi yung anak ko, tricycle lang sinasakyan, dami ng nalalanghap na alikabok..
    in my first reply, you can see that i mentioned the 1989-1992 corolla. anyways, i believe that there are 93-96 corolla models or any other car brands use in public transport that are in that budget range but these will give you headaches.

60k budget for a car