New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Actually what you could do is get a bnew 600-700k car
    Downpayment 50% or 300k and the two year amortization should be less than 15k
    Keep the 200k for possible medical expenses or emergencies
    Its better than spending 500k now and possibly more on maintenance then having to save up for your baby

Just my 2 cents
    Agree with this better get a brand new

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hmm saying to get a 700k car because it will be savings over time vs a 500k secondhand car..i disagree with this.

I don't think the incremental maintenance cost of an Altis that's 3 years older than a brand new Wigo will reach 200k. Unless you buy a unit with hidden defects, which you shouldnt.

Don't forget the interest you will be incurring by taking out a loan vs buying a new car in cash. 20% of a 400k loan (assuming 300k DP) is 80k again.

Also, I believe that there is much more satisfaction in getting the car you want (an Altis) vs a car forced upon you by nameless forumers.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    okay din TS yung Altis. but if you will ask me, my vote goes for a Jazz 1.5 A/T very fun to drive and has a big space din

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I would suggest to get an altis e variant for your needs. But to choose between 2nd hand and brand new maybe your better off with a second hand unit considering your situation. You can probably check toyota preowned vehicles or referrals maybe just to make sure your getting a less hassle unit. Take note a baby will have more expenses in the future.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hatchbacks are the way to go. With your budget, status (no kids), first car, and something practical -- Suzuki Celerio seems the best choice. But that's just me.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Oh, I heard the Mirage by Mitsubishi is nice too. I don't know if its below 500k though. Good luck!

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    owner nalang atleast brandnew kesa sa secondhand na sasakit lang ulo mo dahil sa mga sira makakatipid pa!

lagyan nalang posas at sticker ng pulis maporma na yan. Hikhikhik!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    all of my cars are second hand (except the sentra, which i acquired from my dad which he brought brand new), i have no problem with it, until the overhaul thing comes for my FE.

you need to learn to maintain the vehicle for second hand cars, sometimes forums complicate things but mostly it can help. pero the answers that you need will come, but at the leisure of forumers time, not on yours so you need to learn.

the good thing about brand new is the simplicity of maintenance and if you cannot forego a day of your life commuting.

personally i do not want to commute to and from work, why (1) mas mahal pamasahe, (2) mas mahabang byahe and ruta (from 12 kms to 20++km and from 15~20 minutes to 1hour and 30min travel time).

honestly, i envy and i would like to have an altis - pero para sa akin, may purpose ako. i want to save on fuel and have the money pay for something. i just need a car from point a to point b.

one of the reason why i chose a vios because it can bring me to point a to point b at a cheaper cost and cheaper operating cost (high FC).

para sa akin kung porma lang paguusapan, siyempre mas gwapo naman talga yung altis pero sa practical side of things ako eh.

now brand new or second hand, sawa na ako sa second hand and pagod na ako kakamaintain ng luma kong kotse kaya, i prefer brand new ones. para from the beginning to end, alam ko istorya ng kotse ko.

second question, what is the best car? soemtimes yung gusto nating kotse hindi naman talga natin gusto - nadadala lang tayo ng image. simple lang pag vios pangtaxi - yan agad impression ng kadamihan, alam naman anting lahat na karamihan ng vios eh ginagawang taxi eh, pero okay naman siya eh, at ano naman kung taxi. ang importante mapagsilbihan ako ng auto ko, hindi ako magsisilbi sa auto ko.

By the way 2006 i bought honda civic ek (vtec yo, oakely japeyks and yosi - although during that time long hair akoat hindi bokls) - to make sure everything is in order eto mga nagastos ko:

1. ATF Dialysis - 1k labor autotechnika and 5k worth of ATF fluid (20L from Petron (250 petot per liter during that time)
    2. change timing belt, fan belt, water pump, tensioner bearing et. al - almost 12k
    3. palit shocks sa harap, palit ng ibat ibang mga bushing, tie rod, tie rod end, axel boot cover, ball joint et al. for suspenion sa harap 15k
    4. yung goma, makapal pa pagtingin ko mukhang surplus binile nun may ari kasi sa date luma na - so palit ako ng 4 na goma plus banaling, alignment and camber sa likod total damage 15k good year pa to.
    5. palinis aircon et all, 1.2k
    6. papintura ng panel dahil yung ibang potion kupas na - 5k
    7. after 1 month nagkaproblema yung alarm and door lock (1500 alarm, 500 2 pcs na mechanism)
    8. after 6 months nagkaproblema yung window mechanism (power window) 2500 damage
    9. after a year nagkaproblema power antena 1500 (generic kinuha ko) kasi nakaka dalwang 500 na ako para sa gawa walang 3 months sablay na ulit.
    10. 2011 or 2012 palit ako compressor surplus 5k kasama linis.
    11. 2012 palit ako condenser fan surplus 2.5k kasama linis.

hope this will help./
    Last edited by brainmafia_310; May 21st, 2014 at 05:07 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123