New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello Experts,

My budget is 470-490K, please advise if a 2nd Gen Vios G (late 2007) for 480K is worth to buy, i think the car is still within factory warranty. Or is it more wise to just use my budget as downpayment for a Vios J (yes brand new E and G seems too much for my budget) and have the remaining balance paid through Monthly Amortization.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd say, if you have that amount of money,- use it as downpayment for a brand new one....

9707:electricf:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I forgot to mention that I am currently driving a 2nd hand Civic VTi 97 for 15 mos now. I can say the car is in good condition as i just had a 1k travel back and forth from Lucena City to my province up North with no hassle, anyway i did change the timing belt etc., when i bought it last year. Also I use the car daily going to work travelling 65 km daily. I'm just contemplating of having a newer car like Vios as they seem to have a better Fuel Efficiency and of course newer car means the parts are still near pristine condition, driving comfort etc.

Is it wise to dispose the Civic and get a newer model car?

TIA

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pudno View Post
    I forgot to mention that I am currently driving a 2nd hand Civic VTi 97 for 15 mos now. I can say the car is in good condition as i just had a 1k travel back and forth from Lucena City to my province up North with no hassle, anyway i did change the timing belt etc., when i bought it last year. Also I use the car daily going to work travelling 65 km daily. I'm just contemplating of having a newer car like Vios as they seem to have a better Fuel Efficiency and of course newer car means the parts are still near pristine condition, driving comfort etc.

Is it wise to dispose the Civic and get a newer model car?

TIA

If your looking for a better FC car, Vios will win over Civic. 1st generation 1.6Vtec vs 1.5 VVti, the latter will surely win. Now, in terms of buying the second generation with that tag price or a brand new 1.3 J, brand new will surely win. I think the new model J already had a power window upgrade. If your aesthetically OC (like me), you can just upgrade the donut tire with mag cover to mag wheels in less than 30 thousand.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    480k strikes me as pretty high for a secondhand Vios. I'd shop around. it's possible you might be able to negotiate for a G at 400-450k. Heck, secondhand City iDSis of that age (get a manual, if you want one) can be had for 400 or under. Bigger trunk, great fuel economy. Seats suck, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have to disagree niky. I think P480K for a 2007 SECOND GEN VIOS G (aka Belta) is a good price... Basta hindi biktima ni Ondoy.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thank you for taking time to read my post. Your inputs will really help me decide if I have to bite the offer or not. The car is similar to this http://www.ayosdito.ph/NCR/1307524-T...202007&xtcr=11 only it's manual transmission. Well I hope it's not an Ondoy victim.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Buy a new car and use the 480K for downpayment. In fact buy a better car, like a Corolla Altis. Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Well I wish I can afford to buy an Altis but my current budget and income do not allow That's why i'm opting for a lower end but still quality car to keep.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I have to disagree niky. I think P480K for a 2007 SECOND GEN VIOS G (aka Belta) is a good price... Basta hindi biktima ni Ondoy.
    It's on the high end of asking prices for secondhand 07s... which means you can still negotiate it down.

Highest asking price for that model on the market for private sellers is around 490. Median asking price is around 450. Which means, at the very least, you could probably get it down to 450k, and if you're a good haggler, 400k. Don't know if you can get it lower... the low odometer reading might be worth the price premium at 450k, but only if the actual condition of the vehicle, on inspection, backs it up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Is 480K for a 2nd Gen Vios G a good buy?