New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbelen View Post
    how does bank financing work po ba? Correct me if im wrong po, based on my understanding

350k worth of car
    50percent babayaran ko so 175 matitira for 3 yrs

175/36 = around 5k tapos plus 1.1 interest per month so = 6k halos per month babayaran ko sa bank, tama po ba?
    Car financing 101: Breaking it down to the last peso | TopGear.com.ph

Check out that link re: car financing sir

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Those who had problems [moderated posts], kindly send a PM to JEDI or TSIKOT (or both) so they can look into it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Teka, walang insurance?
    sadly, wala po. Lesson learned. I have 200k worth of upgrades on my RS, wala na. I'm trying to start from scratch.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I used to own a 2006 mazda 3 2.0R.
    its a great car, very good handling, plus it has tons of options as standard.
    fuel economy is also good at arnd 6-8km/L city driving depending on traffic and a light foot.
    Only downside is passengers seem to find the suspension a bit harder than other cars in its class and it somehow has a reputation of being "macalampag"
    Parts are not too hard to find if your within metro manila thou not sure sa provinces.

You may find a difference in power compared to your Ford RS, mainly due to the automatic transmission on the Mazda 3 which is just a 4 speed automatic.
    anyway its still a great car to drive and own, except for the resale value.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Im thinking of buying a mazda 3 2.0, any ideas? Gas consumption? 2006 models negative feedbacks? I have a 2.0 ford lynx RS, and so far the gas consump was ok for me, are they the same consumption?

If ever any alternatives for the same budget? Also does financing helps or worsen the buying of the car?

And I totaled my last car, but the engine area is as good as nothing happened, where can I sell it?
    Ano ginawa mo sa Lynx mo?! :jawdrop: Importante ang insurance bro, lalo na kung mabilis lagi ang takbo mo. Saan ba tumama, at gaano katindi ang damages? Mabuti nalang at walang nangyari sayo. Sayang talaga kung ipapa-chop-chop mo yun. Pero kung di na talaga pwede, baka gusto mo gumawa ng project car as sir lowslowbenz said. Get a lesser Lynx and "convert" it to an RS by transferring as much of your RS as you can into it, and then sell the remaining unneeded parts to parts dealers in Banawe or put up an ad in Sulit.

Mazda 3 and Focus 2.0L are basically the same, though tuned differently. Being that they are available only with a 4 speed matic. Do not expect it to be faster or more fuel efficient than your Lynx. For your budget, I'd suggest you get a manual FD instead, especially since you are very much into modifications.

Lastly, I do not recommend you do financing, especially with 2nd hand cars. Malulugi ka ng todo todo come selling time.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually I'll rate the gas consumption of the Mazda and the Lynx to be very much the same. I still believe that aside from fuel efficiency, driving habits trump how often you go to the fuel pump. Flooring the pedal just because you're pissed at your slow-ass neighbor at a stop? There goes some Manual Quezon bills off your muffler

Not many banks offer secondhand market financing thanks to the already depreciated and deducted SRP. Of course they'll profit more from a Php1 million brand new car deal rather than a 370K secondhand deal. Hence most secondhand transactions are done on a cash-basis either manager's check, check, or just cash in black duffel bags.

Problem with the Civic FD and the Toyota Altis is that it still retains its resale value quite well. A well-taken care 2008 model can still fetch 500K at the market while you'll have difficulty in selling a Mazda3 of the same year at those prices.

The problem with the Mazda3 is that thanks to the "zoom-zoom" philosophy, the transmission has been geared quite poorly. This is great for those who are always in the racing spirit, but I'd rather get a fuel-miser on everyday drives and a zoom-zoom using manual mode. The gearing is quite long.. this means the engine will rev happily into the 4,000RPM range before shifting up.. to add to this, most of the torque is also in the mid-high band too so your grins won't start until you actually roar the engine.

Handling is top-notch however. If you ever been inside a great handling car such as a Porsche Boxster, I'd say the Mazda3 will win the sub-compact category based on tactile handling alone.

Disclosure: We own an Altis (mom), a Civic (brother), and a Mazda3 (sister)

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Those who had problems [moderated posts], kindly send a PM to JEDI or TSIKOT (or both) so they can look into it.
    Here I was thinking I was under moderation or something magiging mabait na nga ako..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Magkano ko po kaya mabebenta yung buong engine ko?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Magkano ko po kaya mabebenta yung buong engine ko?
    and saang shop ko po kaya pwede dalhin yun if ever?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12