New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by enterbay View Post
    May ino offer sakin yung kaibigan ko na Honda Jazz/Fit AT 2008 model. Eto ba yung prone sa CVT issues? Good buy ba ito for 350k?
    I cannot be sure. 2008 is the transition year between the 1st gen and 2nd gen Jazz. Can you show us the ad? The price tag however feels more 1st gen than 2nd gen. But either way, 350k is cheap for a 2008 Jazz. It may be a high mileage unit or an Ondoy unit.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    350k for an 08 is sure to be a Japanese import. Not an "08", but likely an older unit that was registered in 08. Avoid grey market secondhands on a student budget. You don't want to be spending your time fixing misfiled paperwork and customs documents or looking for parts... the four-speed automatic is different from the ones used locally.

Getting a secondhand, stick with manual transmission cars... because you don't know much about cars, you won't be able to diagnose AT problems when looking over a prospective buy.

Any compact/subcompact that's five to six years old will do. Vioses are probably the easiest to buy in your price range... but a secondhand 1.3 iDSi Honda City with a manual will give you fantastic fuel economy and a much bigger trunk than the Vios. The City only needs an oil change every 10,000 kilometers... which is very convenient and saves you some money in terms of labor costs.

Getting an AUV in your price range is very possible... and having and Adventure or Crosswind will help you weather the infamous Espana floods... but take it from me... what you can get in this price range will be old, and you will definitely need to spend more in maintenance costs than with a newer sedan. Last month we had to do AC maintenance, and recharging and cleaning alone was almost 10k.That's almost enough to buy you a new compressor for a subcompact sedan.

Again, get something relatively new, relatively small and economical. That way, when you graduate in four years, you can sell the car for not much less than you bought it for, and buy a new car more suited to your post-college life.
    Last edited by niky; May 26th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Salamat guys sa mga input. I decided to get a brand new Jazz (with papa's help) kaya ayun. :D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by enterbay View Post
    May ino offer sakin yung kaibigan ko na Honda Jazz/Fit AT 2008 model. Eto ba yung prone sa CVT issues? Good buy ba ito for 350k?
    for what it was worth...
    when i read ..."honda jazz/fit...", it meant to me that it was a grey import honda fit. and i have no idea of how the right-to-left transformation was done.. and i would stay away from such units. unless you know how it was done and that it was done well..
    but at 350K, i suppose one can already score a good used local vios..
    but if floods is a concern, a diesel auv/mpv is a consideration.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 31st, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    TS baka gusto mo revo 2002 ng relative ko 330k... 26k milage parang bago pa grabe parang my mga plactic pa interior PM me send ko sau link... may compre insurance pa, sayang kasi e..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
350k Budget for a 2nd hand car