New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Goodmorning mga sir/mam. any inputs or ideas regarding dito sa choices ko.. im plannig to buy 2nd hand kasi. And tihs is my 1st car.. gusto ko sana eh ung magandang FC dahil plannig to use it on long travel every weekend. then city driving pag weekdays makati area ako so traffic pag rush hour talaga.. then ung maintenance eh hindi naman ganun ka mahal sana saka ung parts availability.. may mga nakita ako sa ayosdito and sulit just for reference sa price range ko..

1. Ford focus 2007-2008 -- this is my 1st choice
    2. Mazda 3 - based sa mga nabasa ko dito eh hindi recommended ang mazda 3 kung hindi 2.0 kaso out of budget.

suggestions and opinions are very welcome mga sir and mam..

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Both cars are not exactly the best in terms of fuel consumption (unless it's a Ford Focus diesel but at that budget range, i think kulang). I have the same use with my cars (long drives on weekends and heavy city traffic during the weekdays) and i usually prefer to buy one that is as new as possible (I'm using an Altis now as a daily driver; good balance of comfort, ample power and fuel consumption is fair at 9.5-10.5km/L in the city and 11-14km/L on the highway).

Have you considered a Jazz 1.5 or Yaris? They're hatchbacks and will give better fuel consumption figures and can still be taken out on the highway. A second hand Mazda 2 and Ford Fiesta are within reach too.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Both cars are not exactly the best in terms of fuel consumption (unless it's a Ford Focus diesel but at that budget range, i think kulang). I have the same use with my cars (long drives on weekends and heavy city traffic during the weekdays) and i usually prefer to buy one that is as new as possible (I'm using an Altis now as a daily driver; good balance of comfort, ample power and fuel consumption is fair at 9.5-10.5km/L in the city and 11-14km/L on the highway).

Have you considered a Jazz 1.5 or Yaris? They're hatchbacks and will give better fuel consumption figures and can still be taken out on the highway. A second hand Mazda 2 and Ford Fiesta are within reach too.
    i see.. actually sir 1st plan ko kasi sir buy the brand new fiesta 2014 nakapag test drive na nga ako.. ung trend 1.5 A/T ok din ung deal na binigay ng FORD Manila bay sakin Cash ko sya dapat.. BUT i decided na mag 2nd hand nalang kasi ikakasal din kasi ako.. so i need the extra money for the house and marriage narin.. sana tama desisyon ko hehehe... pero nung na test ko ung fiesta ok sya pero masikip hahaha im 5'9 then inatras ko ng todo ung sit backward pero kawawa ang passenger.. ganda ng features ng fiesta for safety ganda din ng handling..

and about JAZZ and Yaris hindi ko pa ako nakakapag basa basa about this 2 car..hehehe sa tatlo sir yaris, jazz, mazda 2 anu mas ok sa tatlo?

maraming salamat sensya na sobrang dami kong tanong hehehe..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally i'd go with the Jazz or Yaris. The Jazz has more space pero maganda kung makahanap ka nung current model (2009 and up). Yung Yaris, i have several friends na satisfied with theirs and the main problem really is the rear cargo space, medyo maliit compared to the Jazz pero kung single or married with one kid ka pa lang, oks pa rin for the day-to-day use.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I have this budget, I'd try to look around for a Civic FD or Altis (model year 2006-2007). Both offers decent fuel efficiency, plus good maintenance options and parts availability. Kung kaya yung Jazz GE (2009 onwards), oks na rin yun. To maximize your savings for your other plans, you can opt for a late model Civic ES (2004-2005) as it will also fit your requirements except it is not a hatchback.
    Last edited by Egan101; November 11th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    maraming salamat po sa mga inputs..

how about the mazda 2? same lang ba ng mazda 3 compare sa FC and maintenance? or neglible ang difference..

im now looking on JAZZ and YARIS..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hi, Guys.

I am looking also to buy a car (first time owner) with the same budget but including Suzuki Swift 2007 a/t 1.6 on the list(know someone offering it at 320K - fresh, family friend). Is this OK or would you still recommend Jazz or Yaris?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also interested in hearing the FC, performance, and reliability of the Swift. Any inputs?