New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Carens = TAGA! nyahahaha

No seriously thread starter said P700K budget... Meron na bang used Carens at that price?
    Meron used Xtrail starting P550k

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nyahahaha nung nakita ko yung price ng Carens inedit ko kaagad post ko

Well mas bago naman kasi Carens kaysa Xtrail, CRDi pa...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kamura naman yung carens na yun. Tsaka 25k mileage?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    GO FOR 2nd hand cars like:

EVEREST 4x4 or 4x2
    PICK UP 4x4 or 4x2
    VAN(f u like)

But the best talaga 4x4 diesel vehicles kc pang off road tlaga lalo na sa work mo and madami ka pa mppuntahan coz 4wd..its up to you kung ano gusto bilhin..but mas mbuti talaga BRAND NEW....if you want, iDOWNPAYMENT mo nlang yan money mo to BUY NEW 2.5 MonteroSport GLS MT 4x4,MS GLS 4x2 or STRADA 2.5 MT 4x4...In my opinion..Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    I am looking for a new ride for my family. Options are a new compact car or 2nd hand SUV/AUV/MPV. Please recommend a good 2nd hand SUV. Here are the considerations:

1. At least 2006 model.
    2. Budget is 700K
    3. Good legrooms. Can comfortably seat 7 persons in case of emergency. Though usual number of passenger is 3 to 5.
    4. FC
    5. Maintenance
    6. Reliability

Doesn't care about resale value.
    Kung Innova man lang, I will use the money as downpayment for a new one. Konti na lang brand new na.

Kung Carens, those that will sell at 700 thou may not be the diesel variant. That particular model is already phased out.

Your best bet is the pre-owned Sportivo.

Add another 100-200K, then the local Fieldmaster Pajero is a good option. If your unwilling to shoulder more, lax a bit and get a much older model (early part of 2000s).

Given that your initial bets are CUVs, your best option is to use the money to get a brand new 7-eater SUV (medyo mahal nga) using the your intended budget as downpayment.

------
    Personally, I will get the FM Pajero. It fulfills all your criteria to a certain extent.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i saw once a sorento sold at around that price.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If I were to limit my choice between a X-Trail and Escape both 2006 model, what would you recommend? I am leaning to these two vehicles because I like the way they look. Nevermind the seating capacity and resale value. Main consideration is value for money, maintenance cost, reliability and of course FC.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would think the X-trail is the better option than the Escape.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It may be a matter of aesthetics but I go for the Escape. It got a more crisp and clean look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2nd Hand SUV/AUV/MPV