New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Need help about buying a Hyundai Getz. Is it still a good buy? I've seen a lot of hyundai getz na binebenta from 2005 to 2008 around 220K give or take. Just wanted to know the pros and cons. I've been back reading for 4 weeks now try to decide what second hand vehicle to buy. My budget is around 220K. First choice ko Corolla GLi dahil madali ang parts and Sentra Gsx dahil sa safety features nya but when i saw 2008 Getz compare to 2000 GLi napaisip ako. Hope you guys can help me decide. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i own a 07 Getz.
    Pros:

super tipid sa gas.... in fact, yesterday, again, from las pinas to bulacan and back. consumed only 500 pesos worth of gasolone or an average of 17.5 kpl. on normal days, i average around 12 kpl, mixed city-highway, and around 14 kpl, pure highway. first time i did this, kala ko chamba.... naulit kahapon, pareho ang FC as compared to the first one.

ok naman ang speed nya.... my average speed is at 90-100 kph.... stable naman.... although i am running on 185/60/14 tires, compared to the stock na 175/60/14.

malaki naman ang interiors. last saturday, i loaded up with two golf bags (binaba lang yung rear seats).... meron pa akong powered subwoofer sa likod ha?

Cons:

marupok ang suspension.... in 6 years, i've changed bushings twice already.
    mahina sa rangkadahan.... iwan na ako pag dating sa traffic lights.... pero pagdating ng 3rd and 4th gear, kayang humabol.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks sa reply. I really appreciate it. Okay pala fc nya. what if 4 kaya nakasakay would fc still be as good? Im leaning toward the Getz because of the low resale value. Imagine 2008 worth 225K. I'll be getting a car in a few days so napapaisip pa ako anu ba talaga kuhanin ko. Kumusta yung maintenance ng Getz? There are so many choices kaya hirap magdecide. I've had 1993 Toyota Hilux and sold it last March kaya ala ako rides. I cant afford brand new ayaw ko din kasi magbayad monthly. Ive been a 4x2 pick up riders..i had L200 for a couple of years, 1998 Fuego for a year and meron din father ko 4x2 Ford Ranger kaya sanay ako sa diesel engine. Its time mag gas engine naman ako.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    most of the time, newer is better (+ gets)

but

If most of the time, meron ka lagi sakay and dala sa trunk,
    i suggest getting the corolla instead, a bigger displacement engine is
    better if most of the time lagi ka may sakay and karga.
    baka nga lumabas pa na mas matipid ang corolla, cause mas pipiga ka ng accelerator
    sa small displacement engine to run, pag lagi ka may sakay (+corolla GLI)

but

if minsan ka lang magsakay ng marami, and most of the time,
    ikaw lang or with 1 passenger, pwede na ang getz,
    maliit, madaling linisin, mas madaling hanapan ng parking,
    mas madaling gamitin ang smaller car for city driving, (+getz)

In terms of maintenance.

I owned a corolla GLi before, madaling i-mantain ang 4afe engine,
    madaling kumuha ng parts and kahit saang auto shop more likely
    may replacement sila. and kahit saang mechanic, alam na galawin yung engine na toh,
    sa gets, hindi ko alam maintenance, lets wait for the getz users for their insight sa maintenance.

goodluck sa pagpili, and do post here after kung ano na napili mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i get the same FC if i had 4 inside my car + the boombox at the back. the acceleration is the same, imho.
    have not tried 5 passengers though.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    thanks sa input. still undecided because of so many choices but i bet once i test drive those pre owned car i will pick up what i think will suit my needs. Mas priority ko kasi less headache kesa sa fc. Kasama din sa list ko Corolla GLi, even a 2000 Camry cost around 200K.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last edited by 1D4LV; July 8th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joelab75 View Post
    Need help about buying a Hyundai Getz. Is it still a good buy? I've seen a lot of hyundai getz na binebenta from 2005 to 2008 around 220K give or take. Just wanted to know the pros and cons. I've been back reading for 4 weeks now try to decide what second hand vehicle to buy. My budget is around 220K. First choice ko Corolla GLi dahil madali ang parts and Sentra Gsx dahil sa safety features nya but when i saw 2008 Getz compare to 2000 GLi napaisip ako. Hope you guys can help me decide. TIA
    I'd go with the Sentra GSX. You get a much newer unit than a Corolla of the same price. Although the FC isn't as spectacular as the Getz, you do get a classier interior, more comfortable ride and bigger interior space.

Although if you prefer Toyota's, the early 2000s ZZ Altis will already fit your budget. Might as well get that instead of the Lovelife.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    like ive said so many choices kaya mas mahirap mamili. but those cars doesnt look so bad. ive been looking for a pre owned car for the last 5 weeks siguro and everyday nagbabago isip ko kung anu ba talaga ang kukuhanin.my first choice was really a GLi its just happened na nagdagdagan lang. Manual transmission gusto ko masyado ako bored kapag automatic gamit. Hindi ba mahira[ipaayos yung automatic trasmission kapag may problema? ganda sana ng altis mukhang maayos pa at maganda presyo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go with the Sentra GSX. You get a much newer unit than a Corolla of the same price. Although the FC isn't as spectacular as the Getz, you do get a classier interior, more comfortable ride and bigger interior space.

Although if you prefer Toyota's, the early 2000s ZZ Altis will already fit your budget. Might as well get that instead of the Lovelife.
    Altis would have been really nice..medyo pricey pa sila although within reach naman ng budget ko i can stretch it as much as 250K but not so many choices sa sulit or ayosdito. can you recommend anyone with the Altis? i live in a province so Toyota is really a big plus for me in terms of maintenance and replacement parts but GSX would do because of the same price but newer. I can live with 8 km/l city mas concern ako sa less head aches. Thanks sa mga reply guys. Tsikot forum really is a big help for us buyers. Hopefully sa weekend meron na ako.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast