New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Malaki hula ko buy and sell yan. Try to go for direct sellers, yung sila first owner. Sa buy and sell kasi may puhunan sila kaya hindi makakatawad masyado. Also magaling sila magtago ng imperfections, hindi tulad ng direct sellers, you'll see the real condition of the car.
    thanks again sa payo sir.. madami ako natutunan. as of now I really can't decide kung anong car kukunin ko. I guess I'll just take my time muna bago maka tsamba hehe. Gusto ko kasi matulad ako sa kabarkada ko, naka kuha ng 2008 vios 1.5 g na top of the line for only 390k. 20k millage palang natakbo nya at di ata alam ng may ari na top of the line ung kotse nya noong nabili namin lol..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Altis E/G, Civic VTi/VTi-S, or Sentra GS, yung 2002-2003 models. Good enough FC, decent space, and easy to maintain. If you can find a more recent model (2004-2006) for around the same price, that will be better.
    uu sir naghahanap din ako ng altis pero so far wala pa ako mahanap na natitipo ko. thanks for repling to my post

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi there! If I may say so, it would be more feasible if you teach your wife to drive a manual instead of being limited to automatic choices only. As mentioned, it can be rather dicey when choosing a good matic car, especially if you are looking at mainstream daily drivers wherein it is very likely to encounter abused units.

If you want something with good top end power for highway runs, there's the ES Civic. This for one seems like a good buy. Honda Civic vti at- 04 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph

For good low end torque there's the ZZ Altis. This one looks real fresh, with low mileage too. Toyota Corolla Altis AT - 05 | Cars for sale Caloocan | AyosDito.ph

I personally wouldn't go for a Vios, unless you're really after the fuel efficiency. Besides, the 1st gen 1.5 Vios wouldn't be that far off from a 1.6 Altis in terms of gas mileage. The 1st gen Vios is very cramped inside and has quite limited trunk space.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hi there! If I may say so, it would be more feasible if you teach your wife to drive a manual instead of being limited to automatic choices only. As mentioned, it can be rather dicey when choosing a good matic car, especially if you are looking at mainstream daily drivers wherein it is very likely to encounter abused units.

If you want something with good top end power for highway runs, there's the ES Civic. This for one seems like a good buy. Honda Civic vti at- 04 | Cars for sale Quezon City | AyosDito.ph

For good low end torque there's the ZZ Altis. This one looks real fresh, with low mileage too. Toyota Corolla Altis AT - 05 | Cars for sale Caloocan | AyosDito.ph

I personally wouldn't go for a Vios, unless you're really after the fuel efficiency. Besides, the 1st gen 1.5 Vios wouldn't be that far off from a 1.6 Altis in terms of gas mileage. The 1st gen Vios is very cramped inside and has quite limited trunk space.
    Hello Sir. Thanks for the trouble of looking for good cars. The altis looks really fresh and has a good price considering it's year model but I do hope it will be negotiable too upon viewing the car but we're not in a rush in buying one yet. But seriously I am already in love with that altis XD. I am also looking for higher year models for Vios right now and might be considering a 2008 or 2009 model but the price range is way beyond my budget.

In my wife's case, it would take a miracle to teach her to drive a car with manual tranny. LoL

anyway thanks for sharing sir, I appreciate the help.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Essej Kun View Post
    Hello Sir. Thanks for the trouble of looking for good cars. The altis looks really fresh and has a good price considering it's year model but I do hope it will be negotiable too upon viewing the car but we're not in a rush in buying one yet. But seriously I am already in love with that altis XD. I am also looking for higher year models for Vios right now and might be considering a 2008 or 2009 model but the price range is way beyond my budget.

In my wife's case, it would take a miracle to teach her to drive a car with manual tranny. LoL

anyway thanks for sharing sir, I appreciate the help.
    Perhaps if you really like that Altis, you should inquire now before someone else takes it! If it really has just 50-55tkms as indicated in the ad, then it really is worth its price. Price should still be negotiable since the ad did not specify otherwise. Assuming that the car is as good as it looks, I'd price it at around 300k. Perhaps 280k if you're really good.

As for the Vios, demand is high even for 2nd hand units so resale value is insanely high. Prices are similar to, if not higher than, the ZZ Altis which is much more spacious and refined.

Would it really take a miracle to teach your wife how to drive a manual? I know of many fine ladies who are very proficient with the stick! But then as a side note, diesel manuals are much easier to drive than gas manuals.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Essej Kun View Post
    Enroll your wife in a reputable driving school. She'll learn driving a stick even if she dont want to. My wife has zero driving experience when she entered a driving school. After a few weeks, she can already drive. By the way, she prefer driving our MT sedan than our AT SUV.

BTT: Just get an Altis. If possible, just get it in MT. If not possible, just be extra cautious in getting a second hand AT car. HTH

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Actually with an AT car the first you do after buying is to change the tranny fluid
    This will tell you the state of the transmission

If you are in a rural or suburb area, you should get a manual

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my observation.. drivers who start out on AT, majority fail to learn how to drive MT thruout their lives.
    those who start out in MT, easily get to drive ATs in their first 1 or 2 attempts...
    and drivers who prefer to have better control over their vehicles, shun ATs..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 8th, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I started out with A/T's. It took me a 5 hour driving school session and quite a few months of practice before I was able to drive a manual with the same smoothness as with a matic car. I have to say the driving school session helped a lot. You are much less stressed since you know there's a professional beside you who is very much in control of the situation if ever anything goes wrong. Also that the car used is not your own car. I had a hard time with the 1.3L Vios of the driving school since it was very easy to stall, but driving our diesel Revo when I got home was a breeze!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123