New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If your looking for real 7 seater why not consider the minivan/ mpv instead of ppv ( kia carnival or honda odyssey)?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

kung puro kayo payat pwede na ang montero. montero ang pinakamasikip ang 2nd row sa lahat ng ppv. may incentive pa family mo to stay healthy kasi pag tumaba sila di na sila kasama sa lakad nyo.
    minicar level post na ata to boss hahah!

Why not consider the innova TS?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    most powerful mux blue ngayon sa lahat ppv 2018 MUX Blue Power AT 4x4 vs. 2017 Montero Sport 4x4 AT/MT vs. 2018 7-seater Honda CRV 4WD AT DSL
    naaah! +17 shp lang di ba. kulelat pa din yan compared to the other ppvs. i was just answering the ts according to his choices.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    If your looking for real 7 seater why not consider the minivan/ mpv instead of ppv ( kia carnival or honda odyssey)?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Kung pang family trips tapos diesel power.. kia carnival na kahit yung SWB version..

Sa office pag malayo byahe mas gusto namin innova kung 7 ang sakay. Masikip talaga ppv for 7 pips lalo na kung puro boys ang sakay

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by deveangeorge View Post
    Thanks for the replies/posts.

I guess the CRV is out of the race in this one. I agree that it's not a real 7-seater. Mahirap talaga pilitin. It will defeat our purpose of buying a family car. Baka may maiwan sa bahay. More so paglaki ng mga kids, granting will keep it in 5-6 years or maybe when somebody else happens to ride with us.

I just have to choose among PPVs. I did not notice about Monty's smaller 2nd and 3rd rows' spaces/legroom compared to MUX. Will check it again.

By the way, the 2018 MUX has slightly improved interior. Portions of it are already with leather/leatherette. Also improved seats. Both Has slight improved but not in par with monty's. I also received comments about its heavy handling. Montero meanhile got good reviews on its handling/steering.

I am not keen on having a test drive and have my information entered in the casa's database for further transaction with a sales agent. I plan to negotiate directly with my bank once i have decided which one to buy to get the best deal. Done this before.

Anyway, what do you think about the Chevy Trailblazer 4x4 Z71? I plan though to take a look at it personally next week for comparison just to give me a peace of mind.
    The Mu-x will fit 7 but cargo space is quite limited with third row up. The Mu-x also isn't full-time 4wd, you have to switch to 4H on loose surfaces, it's not recommended for sealed surfaces like cement or asphalt.

Consider the Everest if you're looking at the Trailblazer. Largest cargo space behind the third row, useful if you do frequent road trips. The 4wd titanium is full-time 4wd also.

Might want to think twice about 4wd. If you're diving in the city 90% of the time, it's going to be a waste. Even on dirt roads, 2wd and traction control will be more than capable. Having that center diff and four wheels moving will just be added weight and fuel consumption.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Among the three I'd go for the MUX. Big engine with lots more dormant tuning potential should you need more, great fuel efficiency, established reliability, solid Isuzu resale value...

IMHO the CRV is way overpriced to come with an engine of only this level. Its like buying a Santa Fe with an Accent 1.6CRDi engine. Come to think of it, power output is actually quite similar.

IMHO there is no PPV that can comfortably ferry 7 full sized adults. I consider them 5+2 or 5+3. Even the 3rd row of the full sized LC200 is not what I'd consider comfy. My hair was already scraping the headliner (I'm 5"10) and my knees were up to diaphragm level. If ferrying more than 5 people regularly or for a long trip, I'd much prefer a van. For this I'd recommend the Grand Carnival, which is actually more powerful than all of the options mentioned here.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    +1 sa minivan.

Got to try out the honda odyssey's third row. We were 6 at that time. My friend and I purposely sat at the third row to try it out. Very comfy. Loads of legroom and headroom. Loads of cargo space pa since malalim ung space sa pinakalikod so you can stack things up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12