New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    It truly is a deciding factor when buying "new" cars especially if the competition is already offering the reverse cam and more for the same price range.
    Yes, technology might make us a little dependent on them.. as we move forward, these techs will eventually become standard on all cars... but if it's put there to make the drive safer or more convenient then why not right?!
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    Yes I understand that pretty much.. true this enough that this reverse cams are added safety features but then it sometimes if not oftentimes makes one dependent on them that when u drive other cars without such features makes it “difficult” for them to back-up. But then again that is just me. So to each his own if it is a deciding factor when buying new cars... im in my 5th decade of life and learned how to drive when i was 10 years old.. handled many diff cars and today most new cars makes us dependent on their electrical wizardy..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Sa Meron ESC ako.

Fortuner wala

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    It truly is a deciding factor when buying "new" cars especially if the competition is already offering the reverse cam and more for the same price range.
    Yes, technology might make us a little dependent on them.. as we move forward, these techs will eventually become standard on all cars... but if it's put there to make the drive safer or more convenient then why not right?!
    Not for me. I see the whole package, the aftersales service, the aftermarket support, the availability of parts after 3-5 years or so. I see this (reverse cam) as optional "desserts". What good is a car with a reverse cam if the aftersales service and the likes are poorly addressed down the service life of the said car? but this is me personally speaking..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Or should i wait for the mid cycle facelift of fortuner? Or sobrang tagal pa nun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Not for me. I see the whole package, the aftersales service, the aftermarket support, the availability of parts after 3-5 years or so. I see this (reverse cam) as optional "desserts". What good is a car with a reverse cam if the aftersales service and the likes are poorly addressed down the service life of the said car? but this is me personally speaking..
    Well, yung V under-speced talaga.

Wala din pala vehicle stability control and kahit brake assist..

Kahit baduy yung MU-X na may ESC sticker sa likod, okay lang nu.

Sobrang importante din ng passive safety features like those, lalo na kapag SUV.

Can't really believe na the V variant is already totl for the 4x2.

Masyado kase bilib sa Toyota badge kaya na overlook mga ganyang bagay.. oh well pera nyo naman yan haha.

Classic example yung tito ko solid Toyota fan nabulag na. He got the V variant just last month.

Previous car was 4x2 G na 1st gen Fortuner (last facelift).

Ilang beses na siya tinirik nun tapos daming premature defects like failed alternator..

Buti pa sa US magiging mandated na ang reverse camera as of next year..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post

Ilang beses na siya tinirik nun tapos daming premature defects like failed alternator..

!!!
    what were the causes of the tiriks, sir?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    !!!
    what were the causes of the tiriks, sir?
    Failed alternator and clogged fuel lines and filter (separate incidents).. Casa maintained btw.

Happened during its 3rd and 4th year, respectively. Turned out faulty yung fuel gauge/sensor.

Scary lang kase bigla nag off makina sa TPLEX, buti na lang he was able to stop just fine.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Failed alternator and clogged fuel lines and filter (separate incidents).. Casa maintained btw.

Happened during its 3rd and 4th year, respectively. Turned out faulty yung fuel gauge/sensor.

Scary lang kase bigla nag off makina sa TPLEX, buti na lang he was able to stop just fine.

- Failed alternator? hmmmmmnn.. Was your tito's car used in fording rivers or floodwaters? or is he fond of engine wash? this part don't just easily gets damaged unless the owner neglected it.

- Clogged Fuel Lines? - did they replace fuel filters during the when it was time to be replaced? at every 40k km mileage? you mentioned it was casa maintained

- faulty gauge/sensor? - I presume you are referring to the fuel float? if so, these part don't just conk out easily, unless the owner is fond driving with the fuel tank almost empty or near empty and puts fuel just to turn off the "low fuel" icon

My cousin and some family members have D4D engined vehicles some with more than 250k km mileage and with regular PMS never had those problems you mentioned above

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    - Failed alternator? hmmmmmnn.. Was your tito's car used in fording rivers or floodwaters? or is he fond of engine wash? this part don't just easily gets damaged unless the owner neglected it.

- Clogged Fuel Lines? - did they replace fuel filters during the when it was time to be replaced? at every 40k km mileage? you mentioned it was casa maintained

- faulty gauge/sensor? - I presume you are referring to the fuel float? if so, these part don't just conk out easily, unless the owner is fond driving with the fuel tank almost empty or near empty and puts fuel just to turn off the "low fuel" icon

My cousin and some family members have D4D engined vehicles some with more than 250k km mileage and with regular PMS never had those problems you mentioned above
    Nasa 80k mileage na since it's a daily + provincial business trips.

I don't have the complete details but I'm sure that it's not abused, so I think it's a defect talaga from the factory. Perhaps not widespread, pero yun ang experience nya eh.

It's casa maintained and no reason to cheap out sa maintenance since the company pays for it anyway. If meron hindi napalitang part, then it's the casa's fault. Eitherway, ang masisisi lang dito is the service or the part, which is both Toyota

I myself had a Vios gen 1, sakit din sa ulo (engine hesitation, broken power locks/windows...). I don't want kwento anymore, too many defects to mention.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

failed alternator is nothing new.
    a number of us had it in our 2005 innovae.
    and as everyone knows, casas do not repair. they replace. "bearing daw, and can not be replaced", according to the casa.
    and since the model was still new at that time, "no one outside the casa had any repair parts for it"...
    i still have that failed alternator in my bodega. perhaps if i bring it out now, someone can repair it, and i can sell it for the price of a nice dinner with the family....

clogged fuel lines!
    where do you gas up?
    i never had clogged fuel lines.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast